Black specs on mucus

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi !

hope someone can help.

i am due to have another xray which will probably come out clear as the precious one. i struggle with sinusitis that falls back my throat.

and causes troubles to breath... spirometry is perfect . but i blew out quite a lot black tiny threads. and now i felt a big part of mucus coming down my throat i coughed it out and it was a really thick black snot...i was not smart enough ro bring it to the doctor right away. but showed this today and dr thinks its fungal infection. the problem is this black things dont come out all the time.... did anyone had this? i dont smoke, i work from home snd from the office. i did live on a very bad flat in scotland and do suspect mold was appearing all the time. attached pic belowimage

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have the same problem going on, clear mucus with black "streaks". But for me I never had problems before this.. I always had a mucus problem but the black "streaks" only happened a few months ago. I cough up thick mucus sometimes and theres no black "streaks" but then sometimes I cough up mucus and then theres the black streaks again. So it doesnt happen every time i cough up mucus but its still there and I have no reason why? I dont smoke either and mainly at work or at home these days. I'm the only one in my household who seems to have this problem.. but my house can get very dusty so I just assumed dust was in my system but i dont know, I have yet to see a doctor about this but might have to because the internet holds no answers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.