Black tea bag/ hot compress helped me...

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was cyst free for about 9 months until one day I felt it coming back. It didn't hurt at all .. It was just there, so I left it alone and started taking my Siliciea pellets because these had helped in the past. I also started doing sitz baths with table salt 1-2 times a day. Nothing helped and I could feel the cyst getting larger, so I made an appointment to see my gynecologist and he lanced and drained it for me. A week after he removed the packing, the cyst was back and was infected this time... It was a Friday evening and I didn't want to go to the ER so I waited it out and went to urgent care the next morning where the cyst was again lanced and drained the doctor took a culture and put me on  Augmentin until the results came back... After the lab results he switched my medicine to put me in a 7 day course of Flagyl 500 MG. I hated being on Flagyl because it gave me a metallic taste in my mouth and everything I ate and drank tasted like poison (I just took my last pill of the course..yay!) anyway... The cyst had gotten a lot smaller but was still there after the second lancing so I decided to order serrapetase ... It has yet to arrive but my cyst has gotten pretty flat now ever since yesterday.

This is what I have done differently in the past 24 hours and have gotten the most results from:

1. Boiled a black tea bag (also had orange peel and other herbs) and placed on the cyst after it cooled down a bit

2. Hot compresses directly on the cyst

3. Went to see my doctor who pushed out more fluid but did not lance it m ... I have also been applying pressure for the past few hours and will continue to do so to push out as much as possible 

my doctor said that since it seems that the cyst is draining a bit on its own I should refrain from the sitz baths because he doesn't want water going IN to the cyst . 

Once receive the serrapetase, I will take that and see if it gets rid of the cyst completely. 

What didn't work for me:

Sitz bath with salt

Siliciea pellets 

Lancing/draining

I have my fingers crossed...if it comes back a third time then my doctor has told me that the next option is to do the gland removal sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

How are you? I had BC before also and applying apple cider vinegar is the one cured my BC. I applied it at night on the area affected. I did it twice and I was really surprise it burst. try to use it after sitz baths.

my BC never camb back thank god.

Let me know if you wanna try this and in need of further information.

Thanks a lot.

BR

• Posted

Hi Eunice ivehad 5 bartholin cyst and I just don't know what to do anymore. Could you tell me more about the apple cider vinegar please
  • Posted

I know how you feel! I have tried every home remedy and nothing worked for me. I had mine drained around 15 times and dealing with it for nearly 5 years. I will be scheduling a marsupization soon and I pray that works! I hear the gland removal is just awful. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.