black vomit with throat infection and high fever

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all.

On wednesday afternoon i started to get swollen throat glands and a painful ear. By the same evening i had started to get a high temp and fever. That night i became delerious from the fever and was also sick. Normally id associate this with norovirus or food poisening.

However my vomit was black and contained coffee ground looking particles which ive read is blood. I was sick twice both times black.

The next day i still had fever and i was sick again but it had gone to a dark brown colour. On day 2 my throat glands have swollen even more but the fever has now gone. Ive not been sick again, but my throat glands have swollen more and it hurts to swallow.

could the swollen glands have caused some bleeding, or is it something i need to go and get checked out? Ive never had bloodin vomit before nor noticed any in my poo.

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My friend had similar symtoms and it turned out to be an ulcer.

Things happen to us from time to time for no reason But this sounds ominous better collect a sample and see the doctor or horrid thought local hospital.

Better be safe and check it out .

• Posted

Thanks. Ive seen gp and he is sending me for blood tests. Also prescribed me a ppi and antibiotics. I have had acid reflux for sometime which ive been controlling through sleeping on my side and taking gaviscon occasionally so could be related.
    • Posted

I'm really pleaed you have done that . I't may be lots of fuss and time wasting, but those are potentially dangerous symtoms and need to be checked out . Actually I lied, it was my grandson it was who had the same symptoms , So wouldn't want anyone else to suffer the same state of worry! 

No one can diagnose through a keyboard of course but if one has unusual functions they need investigation. 

Warmest regards for good health,  Eric F.

• Posted

I dont mind the blood tests, but if they suggest a camera down my throat I'm not sure what I'll say to that. I'm pleased that the GP took it seriously though, because when I went to talk to the GP about my acid reflux problems 6 months ago, I didn't even get examined and the GP took half an hour to tell me to eat less fatty food and more vegetables. Given the chance that I had an ulcer by that stage, they should have been more thorough back then.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.