Blackout and lost

Posted , 9 users are following.

I did so well and didn't drink for 8 months. Then had a set back and started again. Went to meet new people yesterday, joined a group to meet new friends and the idiot I am decided to drink. Low and behold I don't remember leaving the pub and must have started sobering up when I then realised I was in a random area.  I must have got on wrong bus but no idea how I got there.  I was so excited to meet new people and got left with a few younger people at the end apparently but all a blank from there on. So so frightened and feel lowest of the low right now. And to think I had left my poor dogs on their own while I was off drunkenly wandering the streets 😔

1 like, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma,

First, congratulations on the 8 months. That must have felt really good. So you messed up and that sucks and sounds frightening. Get back up and learn from this.

I am 6 months sober now and I just want to tell you that I'm proud of you and that you can keep going in the right direction.

• Posted

Hiya, 

Thank you so much. Berating myself so badly right now. Why we do it to ourselves when we know what will happen every time. Well done on your 6 months. I was ok until my sister told me pregnant again. Was one more reminder that I have very little happiness in my life. Drank on and off since. Need to get back on track x

• Posted

Emma, we're human and we screw up all the time. I'm so grateful you didn't get into serious trouble. I so admire people who can be sober without help. If you read about the Sinclair Method you might that this one pill could have a lasting, positive impact on your sobriety. There is a thread on this sight, but also so much info on internet. It has an 80% success rate for drinking less and less over a number of months. My best to you.

• Posted

P.s. please be happy for your sis, this can be your happiness too!
    • Posted

I guess I have a lot of jealousy issues re my sister. My dad died when I was a baby and my mom remarried when I was 6 and had my brother and sister. My mom and sister have an amazing relationship but me and Mom clash. And my sisters life just gets better and better and I feel she gets everything that is good and me, I get all that is bad. 😔 Not good for me to feel this way, huh x

• Posted

I tried nalmefene and it made me so ill. I found easiest way was to not drink at all. Hardest part though was going out with people from work and the questions on why aren't you drinking etc. 

• Posted

Everybody's relationships are different and envy and anger or regret only hurt you more. You are on a different journey than your sister and you'll need to find your own joy and contentment. I'm sorry naltrexone didn't work for you, maybe there is a med that works the same way but won't make you sick. We fall down seven times and get back up eight! Never give up. I've told my friends alcohol just isn't working for me anymore and not worth the hangover. Take care of yourself, you deserve a life without this evil monkey on your back.

• Posted

Fully agree with the others. Do not blame yourself. You can remain sober from tomorrow Monday 😁

• Posted

Hello Emma

?Like everyone else has said , please do not beat yourself up about this . 8 months is fantastic . Blackouts are awful because of the unknown , but I always think , the people that understand and care are the ones you only need to think about if you are worried about what you may have done , if anything .

I did the same a couple of nights ago in a busy pub in front of all my family . I went three days sober last week and it was wonderful , spending time with my daughter, laughing and being alert watching tele, having nice food . Then , oh lets down a bottle of wine before going out . Hey , it won't happen again !!! Who are we kidding ?

?I'm telling myself once more.....I am enough smile next time I won't do that and I've brushed myself down .

If I were you I would join another group straight away. It's quite interesting watching others as most of us feel anxious and just want to make friends .

Good luck x

• Posted

Thank you ?? Feeling bit low and full of regret but this needs to be day one to stop drinking again. It's mad how it has such a hold on us and we know the outcome every time we give into the first drink. Life is so much better without it x

• Posted

You are on the right track Emma , just don't think about that night smile I'm not thinking of mine . Chin up hey and know that there are loads of us out there with you , and most won't admit it . You are doing great smile Take care and have a good eve x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.