Bladder and bowels

Posted , 4 users are following.

How does CS effect these areas please?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Depending on which levels of the cervical spine are causing cs the organs and nerves below that level may be affected. I have cs at levels c4,5,, 6,7 and problems with my bladder as well as neck,shoulders,arms and legs. My bladder problem is caused by the bladder spincter (on/off switch)involuntary spasmming causing difficulty urinating.

Mike,

• Posted

Hi,

I have to take Tamsiloson, it relaxes the bladder sphincter enabling me to urinate.Unfortuneatly, a big side effect is nasal congestion, have to breathe through mouth continuously day and night, so I only take Tamsiloson every other day. Urinate one day breathe the next.

You are lucky your not affected with your c/s. I have bone spurs protruding into spinal cord at levels c4567.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.