Bladder and Vagina pains since before christmas

Posted , 4 users are following.

Since before christmas ive been suffering from pains. At first it was a water infection and i had a course of antibiotics, the infection went but the pain continued, i was then put on a longer course of different antibiotics but still no change. The doctor did some swaps of inside and the results came back negative. After that she suggest i try some thrush cream, internal and external, this felt liked it helped for two day but then i was back to pain. When i went back to the doctors she thought maybe a longer course of tablets from the thrush, ive been on those a week and nothing is happening. I my self dont thick its thrush as the pain is getting worse and its feels much higher in my vagina. Weeing often hurts after and ive been struggling to control it recently.. im only 20 years old and i need this sorted before i go crazy!!

Has any one experienced similar symptoms or have any idea what it could?

Thanks in advance for any help any one can give me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Can you see a different doctor?  It sounds like this one isn't sure so is just throwing stuff at you.  A longer course of something for something that you might not have won't work but gets you off the doc's back for a while!   Thrush is easy to see yourself - with a mirror!  You will look red and sore and see little white 'curds' (a bit like tiny lumps of cottage cheese).  If you dont see these it's probably not thrush - and your doc should know this.

If you are offered antibiotics just beware of Ciprofloxacin (or Levofloxacin or other fluoroquinolone).  Don't accept them as they can do a lot more harm than good.  Always check the labels and read about the side effects.

Good luck

• Posted

Hiya, thanks for replying!

Yes I have checked and i have nothing like that and the pain feels much higher inside. 

I will go back to doctors next week, but i feel like theyre running out of things to say it is so theyre just fobbing me off with any old medication. 

Hopefully i will get it sorted, thank you. 

• Posted

It almost sounds like we have the same situation. I hope your's is sorted now though! I've gone through 4 rounds of antibiotics, the most recent doctor I spoke to today said these drs are trying to treat an infection that has already passed, its only my bladder thats now inflamed, there is no infection, thats why symptoms feel like they are coming back. 

• Posted

Have you tried D-Mannose?  Or search for advice on what to drink or maybe take for inflammed bladder lining.  There's a site called cystitis and  overactive bladder foundation (or something like that) if you type in cobI think it'll come up.  See my message above about the fluoroquinolones e.g. Cipro.  Be very wary of them.

• Posted

Thanks for replying and sorry for the late reply back!

Yeah its awful isnt it, have you taken anything for the inflammation, did the doctors give you anything?

Hope youre feeling better

• Posted

Thank you, I will look for that now and see what I can find!

thanks again for your help and advice

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.