Bladder Cancer

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had a tumour removed in October and was given BCG treatment - unfortunately this did not work and I now have another tumour that has to be removed. Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem of BCG not working and what further type of treatment was given??

J

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When they removed the first tumor they must've done a pathology on it to see if it was benign or cancerous. This new tumor that they have discovered must be very small and probably wouldn't be cancerous. Often when a person has one tumor in the bladder there's often others or very small ones that may be miss and they are usually in the same area where the first tumor was discovered. They as well as the patient can see any tumors in the bladder during the the cyscopopy examination. Anyway I hope you're okay!

• Posted

Hi, yes the tumour that was removed in October (last year) was cancerous and after removal I was given 6 weeks of BCG instillation in my bladder but less than 5 months later I have another tumour. Just wondered if after this one is removed I would be given BCG again or is there something else they can do? Unfortunately the tv screen was not working last week when I had my cystoscopy and the Urologist spotted it through his 'spyhole'

Regards

J

• Posted

Hi jean68130, the urologist should have measured the size in millimeters of the first tumor as well as having at least a rough estimate of the size in millimeters of this new tumor. I had a scope done in my bladder last year and they found very small tumors around 3 mm. The pathology came back that they weren't cancerous yet. Though during that time I was super stressed and found this great support forum for bladder cancer https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/bladder-cancer/ . If you can join the group you can ask any questions on the bladder cancer on the forum and they get answered fairly quickly by people that know or have had bladderr cancer experiences.

• Posted

Hi Johnny, thank you so much for pointing me towards the cancer support group - I intend to join the group and hope someone comes up with an answer.

Many thanks again

J X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.