bladder fullness even after peeing (disappears when menstruating)

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I have been suffering with a feeling of a full bladder even after peeing n a funny uncomfortable feeling in my vagina. Almost like I'm sitting on something (told I don't have a prolapse) I often feel like I'm bursting for a wee but when I get to the loo I do a fair amount but not like I feel I should be doing n it's often the case that I really have to push n force my wee out. I'm having a transvaginal ultrasound on sat as I was also feeling a burning sensation in my vagina with or without peeing (this seems to have settled fingers crossed) but this has all come about since finishing my pill n trying for a baby. Does anyone have any ideas? 

My feeling of bladder fullness seems to disappear when I'm menstruating also which is weird. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mimi

i use to have this had everything checked and all was okay

it was due to fluctuating hormones.

an over active sensitive bladder ..

i got this again in peri menopause 

drink plenty of fluid 

and ask your doctor for Oxybutynin

take when this feeling starts, stop when its gone etc ( as and when) 

it so helps relax the spasm and the urge .. 

Well worth getting some 

good luck 

jay xx 

• Posted

Ah brilliant i shall ask about this. I had wondered about hormones as it started about 3 weeks after stopping the pill. How long was you using oxybutynin for before you were able to stop using? 

Thankyou so much for commenting.

• Posted

Hi Mimi 

i only used it when i felt the discomfort..

so not often ... 

as and when required .. and just the one tablet on that uncomfy day

i still have some now incase that starts up again..

good little remedy for using just when that awful urge comes

my doc gave it me and i was so pleased 

jayn

• Posted

Hi hayneejay,  Well I've been suffering with an overactive bladder more so at night but especially in the middle of my cycle (14 days) and a week or so before a period.  Although this time it's been a good week and a half.  I'm up and down 3/4 times during the night peeing!  I've recently had an ultrasound and I've got fibroids but they are at either side of my womb so don't think it's them pressing on the bladder.  I didn't know you could take Oxybutynin on and off while you are having the  bladder problems??  I was originally given the drug to help my hot sweats but it seemed to bother my bladder (which was normal at the time).  I've now dug the drugs out the cupboard and took on in desperation.....I really need some sleep and to stop peeing during the night!!  So I guess it's the hormones causing my bladder problems.  I'm also currently weaning of HRT as you know from another post.

Thanks for your advice.....you're a Godsent :-)

• Posted

** Jayneejay.....sorry about the typo's....having a bad "menopausal" day!!

As I said you're a Godsend ;-) xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.