Bladder hydrodestention ( stretch ing ) Pros And Cons

Posted , 6 users are following.

Dr said to increase my bladder capacity he could preform the above mentioned procedure.

What Are the Pro and Cons’of this.  Currently it only holds 6-8 oz

Also said he had some manic dust he would put in in. (Forgot to ask him what that was)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

After my TURP my bladder capacity shrunk to 6 to 8 ounces from years of retention. My urologist try to reset my bladder with this same procedure. Unfortunately in my case it did not work. He also found I had interstitial cystitis. I wish you better luck.

Carlos

• Posted

Have you googled average capacity of a male bladder? I seem to recall doing that. I think the averages capacity was 300-400 ml. Masybe I'm worng. My cap. is around 400 ml. At that point I can't hold it any longer. Last time my PVR was tested it was low but that was 2 years ago. 

• Posted

The procedure is not to increase your bladder capacity, but to look inside and inspect it. Hank
  • Posted

Get a 2nd opinion, next thing you know a year later you'll need a turp procedure, so just be smart and get 2nd opinion, and ask questions like why am I only holding 6-8, and have you tried medications.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.