Bladder infection that won’t go away.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I got a bladder infection about 3 weeks ago. I went to the doctor and they gave me macrobid for 5 days. Then a week later it wasn’t getting any better so then gave me macrobid again for 7 days. I gave two days left but it still feels like it’s there. It’s not hurting as bad when I pee anymore it just feels kinda irritated. Has anyone else had this? Was there anything that helped you? I’m started get alitttle worried I’ve never had this hard of a time treating it before. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

If you feel it has not cleared you must go back to your Doctor. Testing for UTIs is well known to be inadequate for quite a number of cases. If you are worried ask your Doctor if he can do a more in depth analysis of urine sample and to culture the bacteria to see what antibiotic might be effective.
    • Posted

I have a doctors appointment on Thursday. That’s the only time they had available rolleyes 
  • Posted

You need to see or speak to your doctor or practice nurse ASAP.  It’s not fair to expect you to wait until Thursday.  Did your doctor test your urine in the surgery or send it away for testing.  Tests sent away give more accurate results than a dip test done in the surgery and the result indicates to your doctor exactly what antibiotic is needed to kill your particular infection.

If you really cannot get an appointment or speak to your doctor or practice nurse before Thursday then ask if you can take in a urine sample to be sent away for testing.  Alternatively if you live in a England you could ring  111 for advice or go to a walk in centre.

Dont neglect yourself and end up with thenurine infection causing a kidney infection.

Take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

The doctor I spoke with wasn’t my usual doctor. I’m going to see if I can see a doctor tomorrow and make sure they send my urine in. I don’t think they even did the dip test when I went. 
    • Posted

I don’t know how they could diagnose an infection without testing your urine. Make sure you drink 6 to 8 glasses of water a day because if you don’t drink enough your urine is more concentrated and can cause irritation and stinging.

I hope you get to see a doctor today, take care and keep in touch.

• Posted

When u see yr Doctor, I advise you to give a sample of urine that is the first one in the morning so it is at its most concentrated after a night's sleep. Try to make sure that the night before yr sample u don't drink too much water, otherwise that can dilute the concentration and you want the surgery to detect what bacteria it could be. Also do not forget just because the test says there is no bacteria they can detect in sufficient amounts, doesn't mean you do not have an infection. There is a lot of controversy building up over the so called Gold Standard for testing Ust

• Posted

my wife, had the same problem.  What helped was instead of antibiotics, she went to the Vitamin shoppe and got D-Mannose.  It's a powder that you take two to three times a day, and in a few days, your symptoms will diminish. 90% of the time, with a bladder infection, it's caused by e coli bacteria.  How the D-Mannose works, is that it creates an environment, that makes it very hard for the bacteria to cling on to the bladder wall. So it just flushes out of the body.  Look up Dr. Mercola, and he can tell you in more detail how it works.  Good Luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.