Bladder infections??

Posted , 3 users are following.

My daughter was diagnosed with hypermobility 6 weeks ago. 2 months before the diagnosis after months of all gastro tests she had surgery and they found adhesions, no medical reason for these. She's getting bladder infections frequently. Is there a connection? Since a toddler she's suffered with bladder infections and stomach pains and then also a bad back 3 yrs ago.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hypermobility is a tricky problem. It can be linked to ehlos danlos. Type? (There are 13 types) has yr daughter also been tested for eds?
  • Posted

I'm not able to help except I'm interested in this too. My daughter now 6 has been under paeds since 12 months old due to wincing with back pain even though at time wasn't talking. She also had frequent very high temperatures and was often treated for bladder infection. However the urine tests never ever picked up any bladder infection so drs were a bit stumped. She also had various joint pain and tired with walking. Her blood test indicated inflammation somewhere but because she didn't have red swollen joints it was never pursued.

During this time age 4 she was diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome.

In the Last 2 years she hasn't had the high temp but does wet herself which I have been told she will grow out of it. Seems a coincidence hence why I'm interested in following up.

Can I ask how do you pursue eds diagnosis when paeds have dismissed everything. The only answer I ever get is she'll grow out of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.