Bladder infections with Losartan

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have only been taking Losartan for 8 days and it burns when i urinate and i hurt by my bladder up into my back. It also seems like i have to go more often. Is this normal with this medicine? I have had alot of side effects from this medicine and i was wondering if anyone else has experienced alot of side effects from Losartan.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't think those are directly attributable to the Losartan. ACE/ARB drugs may actually help your kidney function somewhat, but also possibly cause some fluid retention, which normally would just about balance out. However if you have some other condition I suppose this might uncover it on one side or the other.

• Posted

i had loads of side effects with losartan, i have a uti prob anyway, but it seemed worse, i checked the emc, i advise you take a look, or at full lists of side effects, more uti probs is mentioned, but i now cant recall where, as i had not been warned

• Posted

Are you still taking losartan? Did you have any other side effects when you were taking it?

• Posted

Hi, Carolyn, i just looked back, 9 months ago discussion, i mentioned the hair loss, this has grown back so i had forgotten, lost hair in patches, also i mentioned chest tightness, breathlessness, that has gone, though it took a while. the prob with each med is that there re a number of side effects, one has to choose the least bad one

• Posted

no, only on it about 2 months, not sure exactly, somewhere on this site i discussed it with others, it was the worst medication i have been on, mainly stomach/abdominal issues (well known for the ARBs except i did not know), these took months to fade after stopping, chest pain, itchy skin, esp ears, and the beginning of heat and sunsensitivity. Maybe i was getting these, i dont know, but they are all on the websites, there were a whole lot of other symptoms, it was all annoying as i was told the initial symptoms would go and to stay wiith it, they did to some extent, but then the more persitant symptoms started, hope your situation sorts out

• Posted

hi. I actually registered to this site to answer this question. I've been taking losartan 25mg for a month. I was supposed to do a 2 wk blood test to determine if it were a good fit and working properly, but had to reschedule for 2 more weeks later. about 2 weeks in I was having shooting pain every now and than in private region. it would come and go and didn't take it seriously. Now experiencing burning and pain when urinating. went to docs, they suspected a uti but all tests come up negative. I think it IS the pill. every place I go they say it can't be that, but it's in the inserts!! have crazy abdominal pain as well as burning and frequent urination. I stopped immediately!!!!!! waiting for a culture to come back to see what's going on.

I wanted to add to this thread in case someone is looking for answers about this med with this problem ...I kept continuing them because I could not find any one asking this question. thank you for posting and hope you're well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.