Bladder issues?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm wanting to know at what point do I need to go to A & E?

I had a lumbar fusion 4/5 14 years ago and about 12 weeks ago my back pain changed it felt like it had come away, I had an MRI which showed no change but then an X-ray found a possible loose screw in my fusion, I'm waiting for a CT scan (2weeks) but I have numbness in legs (nothing new there) burning in legs and feet especially when resting which is pretty scary as this is a new sensation,  I can barely walk across the room, more worrying I have bladder problems... I have no warning when I need to go it is sudden and by the time I get to the loo Iv leaked a bit, at first I put it down to not getting up stairs on time because of the lower back pain and being unable to move quickly, I also have a weird sensation in the saddle area but again Im not sure when it becomes urgent and don't want to be a pest, do I wait for the scan in 2 weeks or go to A & E now, I'm not incontinent so like  I say am I being a pest

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Go to A and E after spinal surgery this is what they warned me about they said it would be an emergency. Good luck 
    • Posted

Thank you Rhona for your reply, like I say I'm not incontinent but there definitely is a change in sensation in the saddle area and urgency with the loo, i think the screw is aggravating the nerves, Iv been contemplating A & E for a few days, thank you😊

• Posted

I vote for A &E too.

• Posted

Thank you, Ye I sort of thought it would be but hoped it would go away, I'll let yous know how it goes, thanks guys xx

• Posted

Hi guys, well I went to A & E today and after a few checks they said they were 95% sure it wasn't CES thank god but said it was more to do with the loose metal in my spine, so for now I have to just wait for CT scan and see what the plan is next, thanks for your replies and I will keep yous updated with scan results 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.