Bladder issues for last 7 years, can anybody help me please?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, i have been suffering with bladder problems for the last 7 years.  I have had all the relevant test and ops a lady can have to help this but nothing!!

I can relate to you people on how this affects your every day life, its horrible and sometimes i think why??? I still suffer with the burning when i am peeing however over the last few months i have discovered that for 4-5 days i can pee and my bladder emptys (i do have to sometimes push a little) i have a habit of pushing down on my bladder and my pee seems to come out normally, however after about the 4 day i start getting the urge to pee only drops come out and its very painful, i need to go every hour or so, so i cant go anywhere on that day, i am stuck at home. I went to see my GP last week took a sample of urine, the dr checked it said not UTI, but he said i will send it off to the hospital to be checked and gave me some antibiotics (sorry cant remember which ones), previous to this i had some antibiotics at home and when i had this episode of wanting to pee i took 1 table and it seemed to help (or maybe in was me thinking it worked) anyway i took the new antibiotics for a week and was fine in urinating, however my antibiotics finished on Wednesday this week and my urge to pee symptoms have now come back!!! I called the drs surgery for results they said urine is fine no infection!!  I dont get it if im on medication im ok but even after taking a full course this has come back???

Last year i wen to NHS hospital which didnt really help at all and i thought this is a waste of time so decided to go and see a private gynaecologist dr.  She did the same checks and tests, ultrasound, putting urine pipe in my urethra (bloody painful), putting me to sleep and stretching my urethra (no help), this procedure i have has twice and it doesn't work but when you tell any dr 'i have already had this done' they dont listen and want to do it again. anyway after these checks and taking my money from me this dr never contacted me again with another appointment. I dont know what to do anymore, i donot even have any antibiotics in the house to take to help me sad

i am due to make an appointment to see GP next week but i know he will not give me antibiotics again as he will say you had some last week!!

Can somebody please advise me or suggest anything??

I have tried tablets of the internet called Damose, waste of money did not work for me at all and i took them for at least a few months.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Cheem1

It is very upsetting to read your post as far as what you are going through and empathize with how difficult this problem is to live with.  While I don't know your history and what main problems you have, I can identify with some for which I'm being treated now.

For me, it's OAB which boils down to having to pee about every hour during the night and all through the day (altho I notice it more during the night).  I wake up feeling horrible and shaky and I suspect this has something to do with that.

I also have gone to a urologist and he gave me all the tests and nothing serious, and nothing found, so of course he can't make a diagnosis.  I tried a few medications but they did not work.

At this time I've agreed to have 'tens' treatment which involved sticking s needle somewhere near the ankle, and attaching it to a tens unit (forget the name right now).  I'm going once a week for 12 weeks and they said it has worked for a lot of women but I would not see any improvement until week 6.  I'm pretty skeptical and afraid of..what will happen if it doesn't work.  How do you live with certain medical maladies when the Drs. Can't find anything wrong?

7 years is a long time, and this has been going on for me for several months.  It is not painful, no leakage, just constantly having to pee (and a lot of it considering I just have one drink in the AM).  Where is all the water coming from?  I'm not dehydrated.  All I feel is that I can't live like this.  I don't know what brought it on, and what to do to help - Drs. Don't seem to know either.  So, I'll try anything that may help.

Maybe you can ask your Dr. About the tens procedure which might work for you.  It's sort of like acupuncture, except there is a current connecting to nerves leading to the bladder, which is amazing, but will it work?

Please let me know how you're doing...

Trudijane

• Posted

Hi Trudilu thank you for ur concern and the information I have provided, i am based in the U.K.  Do I think they do that treatment here?? Today has been an awful day wanting to go every hr, I've actually been timing myself that's how bad I feel, I go to pee and I need to put pressure and pushing into having a pee and then a little bit comes out! Also I have noticed I did a pee today into a jar to take to Drs and it was yellow in colour like usual but when I am peeing into the toilet it's clear like water!!! I don't understand!!! If anybody has any other cures please let me know xx

• Posted

Cheek, I don't know if they have the procedure in the UK.  But if they don't, you could try acunpuncture, because they do the same thing with acunpuncture except with this, they stimulate the nerves to the bladder.

The procedure is called "Percutaneous Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS)" a form of tens technique.  Also, do you have any major hospitals with a urology department?  My urologist suggested calling UCSF, a hospital that is always doing studies on various medical issues.  Call them and see if they are doing any research/studies.  I haven't done this yet, because I'm hoping this works.

I know how you feel.  I want to go bicycling today, but afraid I'd be looking for a bathroom nearby.  

Also, Drs. Can't diagnose everything; all they can do is try with tests and eliminate any serious findings, etc. but unless they walk in your (our) shoes they'll never know how uncomfortable it is to live and have fun...

• Posted

Hi Trudilu

the funny thing is on Friday i had an awful day, my urge to pee was every hr, it just would not stop, then i found 1 antibiotic in my medicine draw which had been there for a few months, i think it was my husbands but anyway at 8 in the evening i felt like i could not cope with this any more i wanted to scream and cry, i took this one antibiotic, After taking the tablet i still needed to go every hr but after about 3 hrs at around 11.30pm when i had the urge to go, it was still uncomfortable to go for a pee with the burning but my urine started flowing normally!!! Yesterday morning i was fine still have burning but peeing normally.  I seriously think that every time this happens to me and i take an antibiotic i feel better within a few hours.

I really wish i could to speak to a gynaecologist who would listen to my symptoms first then listen to all the procedures i have had then make a decision on what we could do next.

If you are a gynaecologist and are reading this please contact me or if anybody else reading this knows of any gynaecologist that could help please let me know.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.