Bladder neck incision

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi guys , 

I’ve read on the forum about multiple procedures for enlarged prostates . I was diagnosed with a bladder obstruction earlier this year which has been helped by Alpha Blockers . It would appear that the pills are becoming less effective. 

Does anyone know if the new procedures for BPH will work for bladder neck incision ? As the main side effect of BNI is retro ejaculation.  which I would like to avoid .  I would like to be armed with some alternatives prior to seeing my URO again . 

Thanks in advance 

Darren 

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks everyone , all advice greatly appreciated . 

Hank, the alpha blocker I’m on is alfuzosin10 mg once a day . I think that’s the max dose . 

• Posted

Hey buddy..........Before I would have any procedure done I would have the doctor give me a different pill to try.  Look at the pros and cons.  I think Nick was one of the lucky ones.  Do some research on bladder neck incisions.  The first think they say is that you will get retro ejaculation because the bladder neck does not close right.  Take it easy and good luck  Ken
    • Posted

Thanks Ken ,

To be fair the URO did say retro is almost certain . Now I’m a little better informed I’ll be asking for alternatives and yes , different medication would be my preferred  option . Thanks again and glad to hear things are looking ok for you Ken👍

• Posted

Hi Darren,

I just wondered if you proceeded with a BNI for your tight/high bladder neck? Would you share with me your outcome and if any complications? Did you get the results you were looking for? Would you do it again knowing what you know now. I followed you when you first posted this years ago and I have put the surgery off for almost 7 years now. I am 41 years old and had a qmax score of 6 without any meds and 12 with meds. My bladder is becoming damaged and am again considering the surgery. Please share with my your experience. I see some people have good flow after the surgery but then find out a few weeks later their slow flow comes back. Thank you for anything you can share as I would like to make a decision soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.