Bladder neck incision

Posted , 7 users are following.

I had bladder neck incision a week ago . I have been peeing frequently every half an hour and volume is only between 100-200mls everytime since then. I have weird feeling around my penis , hard to say whether its in urethra or prostate or somewhere else(pain, burning, muscle pulling etc). Has anyone had BNI before and experienced such things? Will it get better overtime?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

curious how you are able to pee that much every half hour. are you drinking alot of water?

• Posted

I drink about 1 litre in the morning.

May be i have high PVR. Have you had any experience with BNI ?

• Edited

I just got an Aquablation on Thursday - and while I'm doing okay as far as pain/burning, I don't have any real results yet I think no matter which procedure you have, it's going to take some time to see results. In a bladder neck incision, they simply cut the bladder neck to make more space. With the laser or aquablation procedures, they are actually removing tissue. But either way, you still have to heal up and your body adjusts to the new condition, having a larger bladder channel.

Most of the reports I have seen say between 2 weeks and 6 weeks until you have the improvement you are looking for - better stream, less urgency, less getting up at night.

• Posted

Really appreciated your reply. I wish you a speedy recovery.

I am feeling bit better since yesterday but frequency and nocturia is still there and voiding only small quantities.

Hope it will get better with time.

• Edited

Good luck to you as well! I have been dealing with frequency and bph issues since I've been in my 30's and I'm 55 now. So I'm looking forward to getting back to a more normal life, with less focus on bladder issues. Hope that we both recover well!

• Posted

hey i have exactly same pbno and weak bladder....my symptoms , constant sensation of pressure and desire to urinate in urethra.also urethra pain.sensation to pee is non stop 24/7 , doesn t go away after urination...i always feel like i have to go even if i void all.I have no post void but i struggle alot to urinate.What sympyoms you had before ? also you had post void urine left after urination ? hope you can reply

• Posted

I had bladder neck incision done 9 weeks ago . I am still voiding very frequently . My PVR before surgery was 90 to 100mls but have not had any PVR test since surgery.

I was diagnosed with weak bladder(Hypocontractile) as well. So , not quite sure if frequency is causing due to weak bladder not pushing out urine completely.

Have you had your bladder function test?

what does urologist say about your issue?

• Posted

Had TUIP 11 weeks ago. still with some urgency frequency. takes time. are u on any bladder anti spasm meds? such as myrbetriq?

• Posted

Hi Purae,

Could you tell me who did your BNI and urodynamic study? Any update on your progress would be very helpful. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.