Bladder Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

.I was diagnosed 2 years ago with Primary Hyperparathyroidism. My parathyroid levels are high but my calcium levels are raised but not high enough apparently to warrant more investigation. I was discharged from hospital and put under watch and wait with my gp. The pain is so bad now and I am having awful bladder problems. Back and forth to loo and painful bladder has anyone had this? I have been back to my gp who tried to get an endocrinologist to see me but they don't feel my calcium levels are high enough. I have read on many sites even NHS where it states that side effects in people with raised calcium levels even though they don't reach the magic 3 can be as bad as those who have very high levels. My gp arranged for me to go to general medical and I have seen a consultant there and have another appt. in March with her and just hoping she will refer me back to endocrinologist. My abdominal and bladder pain is the one thing that really worries me at the moment. Hope you will be able to give me some advise x

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you can afford to, go NPC in Florida. I had surgery there in 2016 and have never looked back.

I did not have bladder pain but I did have bladder problems - I thought I was becoming incontinent.

After surgery all that disappeared. You cannot waste time, this is a serious condition. If you cannot afford Florida keep pushing and insisting with your own medical people.

• Posted

Hi thank you for replying Karole. I am so pleased that you are so well after your surgery. I am pushing all the way even though it goes against my nature. I live in the UK and so many here with this condition are in the same boat as me not getting listened to. I wish you well and take care x

• Posted

Hello again Sue - I should have mentioned that I also live in the UK so know what the situation is like here - which is why I eventually went to the Norman Parathyroid Centre in Florida. So I do hope you get things sorted out for your self very soon. Best wishes, Karole

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.