Bladder pain and burning pees

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have had a double bout of shingles with continuing neuralgia for the last 2 years. I now have bouts of bladder problems including fullness without being able to empty regularly and burning of the urinary tract. I have had scans with no results except one kidney I smaller than normal. I had a total hysterectomy 22 years ago with ovarian localised cancer, endometriosis and large cysts. All gone now, of course. I now have Meneirers Disease with accompanying high blood pressure, vertigo and deafness. I also have Haemochromatosis and have been bled until I was aenemic. What is with doctors? Anyway, I am wondering that all these non genetic problems go back to my hysterectomy and immediate menopause. Something's must surely be connected? Anyone out there have similar issues?

Cheers Lulu

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi lulu

I am post menopause hun.

Pain and stinging pee is a sign of a UTI or Cystitis, normally, you need to see a doctor.

Utis are more common post menopause 

Good luck

Jay x

• Posted

Thanks for the speedy reply Jay. So far, my GP has ruled out UTI and Cystitis. I have been referred to a Urologist which will take a month to see him. In the meantime I have been reading up on this problem. I wonder whether Post menopausal estrogen levels have anything to do with this??? My GP doesn't know what else to do so I am continuing the hunt, as usual. Any other suggestions?

Cheers Lulu

• Posted

Hi lulu do you go to the loo and it burbs and stings fir ages after weeing? 
    • Posted

Sorry I meant to ask does it burn and sting after going for a wee? 
    • Posted

Hi lulu

Bless you .. Not nice to have to wait. 

You say doctor ruled out? But when and how.

Did he do a urine test ..

Yes post meno and low estrogen causes more UTI. More Thrush. Vaginal Flora imbalance.etc etc 

Thats why many of us use vaginal Gynest or Ovestin Estriol cream internally, just to keep vaginal walls plump less dry and also helps with bladder issues. 

Could even be Bacterial Vaginosis ( Flora Ph problem) that can show in different ways for some.

Good luck

Jayxx  

• Posted

Hi lulu

I forgot to mention .. 

As i am also post meno. 

And had BV and didnt even know ( it mimics thrush) and then a uti

I now use the home test kits to check urine.

And vaginal PH with the Vaginal PH testers. 

I have no faith in GPs

I also see a Gyno now for womens troubles

Good luck

Jay x

• Posted

Yes, my doctor (she) did a test and found white blood cells. At my request, yesterday, I now have vaginal cream. Best sex I've had in years! I haven't heard of Flora Ph, so I'll investigate today. I have also added celery tablets and increased my cranberry intake. I am on several medication which cannot help matters as the blood pressure tablets dry me out. I seem to guzzle warm water all day with coconut water chasers. What an exciting life I lead.

Thanks for your support,

Cheers Lulu

• Posted

Hi lulu

If PH balance rises vaginally due to post menopause etc

Could be that Bacterial vaginosis is present.

Bacterial vaginosis results from an overgrowth of one of several organisms normally present in your vagina. Usually, "good" bacteria (lactobacilli) outnumber "bad" bacteria (anaerobes) in your vagina. But if anaerobic bacteria become too numerous, they upset the natural balance of microorganisms in your vagina, resulting in bacterial vaginosis.

Cytolytic Vaginosis mimics thrush, and neither are cured by thrush treatments.

They require antibiotics .

Lack of estrogen post menopause can trigger these off and increased Uti's

Vaginal Estriol is very effective for these problems and vaginal dryness 

Thin vaginal walls etc

A good probiotic taken orally daily is very helpful too 

Jay x

• Posted

Thanks for info Jay. I have been taking good probiotics since the singles struck 2 years ago. You appear to have excellent knowledge on this subject. 

Cheers Lulu

• Posted

Hi lulu try drinking nettle tea its yeuch but soothes the bladder slippery elm also soothes the bladder tract which is causing the burning I've had it 9 months . It is not cystitis or thrush got treated for all this not was mine Bv I did not have a fishy discharge !! . I did vagibal cream it worked first time I used it several years back but next time it did not and did not stop burning at all. I use herbal as my choice another two to look into are mother wort and oat straw all good for bladder which has been upset and stressed by something if I knew what I'd stop eating ir drinking it !!! Anyway you need to try a combination or just one if these if you drink the herbal teas you need to drink at least four a day every day and drink pints of water. Mine has started to ease but I notice if I don't drink enough my wee gets too acidic. D mannoose is also brilliant for urinary tract from health shop . Such fun we all have its a balancing act every day but as you say they ain't going to win!!!!!!!!!  Good luck hope some of this will help you 
    • Posted

Hi Liz

BV doesnt always have odour. Nor does it always have fishy smell, or coloured discharge. 

I had no symptoms of odour, or discharge.

But had BV.

Cytolytic vaginosis CV also mimics thrush.

With my BV i just had dry discomfort, watery milky discharge which was not anything out the ordinary but still i had BV,

Found at pap smear.

So not always do the classic symptoms show for everyone 😌

any concerns should be checked by Gyno

Jay xx  

• Posted

You poor thing you really have been in wars.

• Posted

Thanks for your support Rosemary. I have come to accept my health and just get on with it. My mantra is Just Be. I will not let th turkeys  get me down. I've made it to 65 and make my life as rewarding as possible. Lots of travel, keeping a in touch with good friends and growing enough vegetables to feed a market - nurture, nurture. 

Cheers Lulu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.