Bladder pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had overactive bladder for years. Have tried everything. I recently had PTNS and it worked pretty well. Sometimes I had a bad day but mostly good days. I've been on maintenance but recently have had terrible bladder pressure. The only relief is when I'm off my feet. Is there anything you can do to help this. When it gets so bad i take an ibuprofen which helps. I'm due to go back to my gyn in 2 weeks. A few years ago when the urologist did a cystoscope he said i had cystitis. My gyn said if PTNS doesn't work I could try bulking or botox. Does anyone else have bladder pressure and have you found anything that helped. Any info would be appreciated.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ann Marie, yes I have and I find it the most troublesome of my IC symptoms.  When lying down put a pillow under your knees so your legs aren’t completely flat - I find that helps, but other than that, sticking to the IC diet, not getting dehydrated and taking a tablet such as betmiga (ask when you next have an appointment) which helps with bladder spasms.  The feeling you get is due to signals from your bladder to the brain getting muddled - the bladder thinks it’s full and is trying to squeeze urine out by contracting.  It will pass but takes a while and sometimes you think it’ll never go away but it does so try to stay positive.  Hard I know.   I find I’m worse in the hot weather so make sure you drink plenty of good old plain water or milk.  Avoid caffeine at all cost - even decaf has caffeine in it.  And chocolate (sadly!), oranges, and in this hot weather, avoid alcohol.  It sounds like you need medication stronger than neurofen.  Glad the PTNS helped with some of the symptoms - I’m on week 8 of my course.  Wish you well soon!
  • Posted

Sorry I forgot to say I’m better off my feet too - doctor said that it’s worse upright due to gravity pulling everything down!!! 😱

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.