Bladder pressure or UTI

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a my wits end. I honestly don't know what's going on with me. In may I had a uti and the rest has been a nightmare.

I was given an antibiotic..Thought it cleared but it didn't. The culture comes back a low infection. They don't usually treat but being that I'm symptomatic. They kept me in macrobid for 3 days twice a day then one q day for 6 weeks.  Fast FWD I still felt pressure  so my girlfriend referred me to a natural pharmacy . He told me to stop the antibiotics and start with holistic stuff he gave me. I was taking then but noticed my stomach was getting affected. So I stopped the meds.  But I'm feeling some pressure again.

I'm so scared this cramp feeling and pressure is a cancer that they don't find. Why is this happening to me? This has been way to long. They gave me an ultrasound and it looked clear. Am I safe? I went to a regular doctor. Then to a urologist. Then to a uro gynecologist and then to a natural pharmacy doctor..Where to next? So scared😪😪😪😪

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

You may still have an infection since you stopped the antibiotics.  Go back to your doctor.  Maybe your infection is resistant to the antibiotics.  A clear ultrasound is good news.  Nasty things do show up on scans.  However, do not think of the worst case scenario.  Keep thinking positive.
    • Posted

I am thinking if starting the antibiotics again...Three days like they told me to and. Then  take one a day for 6 weeks. 

Because if I got to doctor and they hear you didn't take the meds how they wanted you to. They will tell you go back home take it and then see what happens..So I'm kinda gonna save myself a trip.  It's so frustrating

• Posted

You will have a better chance of getting rid of the infection if you finish the course of antibiotics.  If you still don’t feel better after finishing them, or you are reacting to them,go back to your doctor.  I always finish my antibiotic course as prescribed,  If they upset my stomach, which they nearly always do, I go back to my doctor for further advice.  You should also take yoghurt after finishing the antibiotics to rebulid your gut flora.
  • Posted

There are many over the counter natural products you can take and still take antibiotics. Please research online. Urinari X or Cystex or both. Order online from many places. Mannose powder plain or cranberry. Aloe juice. 

Baking soda water to alkaline your system. Iodine. Just research first. 

• Posted

Thank you I will definitely take this advice 

I did buy d mannose 2 grams..Started t tonight 

I'm just so upset because in going on family vacation and in feeling like this. 

So I will try the baking soda. Hooing it will give some relief on my bladder

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.