bladder pressure pain. Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am 48 years old, ten weeks post op hysterectomy, I had this done as I had a fibroid and had problems with pressure on my bladder, this was supposed to be the answer to all my problems. My pain and discomfort on my bladder is now so much worse, I am so depressed as when I spoke to the consultant she more or less told me that the hole where the womb was is now full of my am bowel and bladder and so will feel more pressure. Urine texts come back clear and my back is Killin me, kidney area. She's asked for a bladder scan but that was 2 weeks ago and still waiting. Please can someone help me to find out what it could be. I'm so upset all the time lately, feeling like I wish I'd never had the op done. It's just made things worse.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Did you have a catheter in during op and if so was it left in longer then routinely nessicery? I ask as I believe the removal of the catheter I had has caused some kind off damage to my bladder. my bladder feels full all the time even tho next to nothing will come out and wen it does its so painful as if I'm being stabbed.also bladder control been effected. I have lot going on down there after being sterilised but plan to ask Dr if I could be right after looking up about catheters .
    • Posted

Hi gem, my catheter was only in overnight as the hospital had a bed shortage so I was in and out so to speak, bad really as I had two bad internal infections in the first 3 weeks. So don't think it's that, I was on 2 lots of strong antibiotics also. I hope you get sorted out soon, it's awful isn't it. Thanks for the reply X
  • Posted

How strange to find simular experiences, l had my 2nd son with csection and  sterilisation, woke up with catheter in, which l didnt for lst son by cs, and dont think its usual, l found catherter really irritating in for 8hrs or more, felt bacterial cystitus after by feelings, nurses put it down to post op, took 2-3 days for sample to be taken and bacteria confirmed, anti bs. Thereafter had bladder probs with frequency, pain and heat in passage urethra, lower tum, and chronic lower back pain, it varied through month, worse after menustration and l was having flooding and clots, twice as long as before, often unwell, got aneaminc, long sad bad story, urine samples usually neg, put down to post op, then gyny prob, hormonal, l did end up having hysterectomy, told l,d fibroid in muscle, though another consultant, gall bladder one told me no such thing, but trusted gyny and thought heavy periods causing worst probs, so went ahead with it. It is soul destroying to get home and find youve same symptoms, dissapointing to say least, for partner and family also. l eventually got referred to right consultant urologist, xray and scan showed nothing, but scope showed intersticial cystitus, inflammation of bladder lining, Its a fairly unusual condition, but easily diagnosed with cystascope, just my gp was slack referring me. Its not forced to be that for you, could be something different, as mine lower back, though did get pylonephritus once and that causes pain in kidney area, it is a  horrible distressing pain, l,d also thought `its killing me`. Your scan could lead on to a scope, but scans arent always quick if there,s a list, unless gp marked urgent, can you ring urologists secretary or clinic and ask how long youve to wait for appt, they can tell you, tell her how bad the pain is, if it becomes unbearable you could go in to a and e, l didnt but wish l had and maybe got quicker diagnosis rather than put up with it years. Yours might be completely different cause, anyway hope you get answers soon.  Gem l felt as you did, as the probs started immediately after csection sterilisation, as it does for some, not all, maybe a vunerability before awakened, even with intersticial cystitus the experts dont truly understand if its auto immune, allergic response, but you could check out the intersticial cystitus threads see if it sounds like you, there,s also a good site on it called  c.o.b. cystitus and overactive bladder, forum with lots of info.

Hope you both get answers soon, be pushy  for them if needed, good luck

• Posted

Thank you so much for that Lynne it does sound like it could be that. I will ring the doc again Tuesday and ask about it.xx
  • Posted

Hope you get some help from docs, ironically following my section l also got bad internal infection, l,d come home unwell and visiting nurse brought doc out who did internal, blood clots and bad infection, pills to clear clots and strong anti bs, you wonder, anyway good luck.
    • Posted

I hope so too. I will have to insist to see the doc and tell her what I think it could be? It's hard to get an appointment but could get a telephone consultation X
  • Posted

hi val, hope you get your appt  tues, let us know how you go on, maybe tell you to wait for scan ettc,  aty least they might try to rush it a bit, x
    • Posted

Thanks will let you know what happens tomorrow. It's gotten worse today. Really feels like water infection again X
    • Posted

Hi Lynne, got in to see the doc this morning, she will ring the hospital to push the scan date and checked my water sample and said not sure about an infection but had a lot of white blood cells in it so has sent it off and given me some cefalexin for a week to see if that helps. Also have upped my hrt patch from a 50 to a 75 because the sweats are terrible. Fingers crossed xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.