Bladder Problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism and was prescribed Levothyroxine (Teva).

Since starting this medication I have had persistent bladder problems (I have never experienced this before, it suddenly started when I began taking the Levothyroxine), resulting in a constant need to urinate every ten to fifteen minutes and also a raging thirst (some days worse than others).

I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem whilst taking the same medication as me (Levothyroxine-Teva)?

Being new to Hypothyroidism and Levothyroxine, I really don't know what's what. After frequent Dr's visits for this problem ( and all urine tests have all been ok), I am now wondering if my medication could be the cause? After another sleepless night and yet another day on the telephone trying to get another Dr's appointment, I am kind of fraught without much shut eye for days.Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

LINDA02501 🌸

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi linda

I don't think your symptoms are a direct result of the meds. However a lot of people with thyroid problems suffer with adrenal disfunction which can cause increased thirst and needing to go to the loo a lot - saliva cortisol tests are a good indicator for adrenal function so might be worth testing that if you haven't already.

• Posted

Hello Sayhitocaz,

Thank you so much for taking the time replying to my question, it is very much appreciated. I certainly will ask my Dr about the possibility of Adrenal Disfunction and will look into that subject further myself whilst awaiting my next appointment.

I am extremely grateful, again thank you.

Best Regards,

Linda02501

• Posted

It could be the fillers in that brand. Try a different brand. It could make a huge difference.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.