Bladder prolapse

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am having surgery for cystocele, has anyone experienced groin and hip pain as symptoms of a bladder and uterus prolapse?

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally-I have dealt with hip pain-sometimes worse than other times with cystocele and rectocele.
  • Posted

Yes for sure I have. My prolapse symptoms have worsened in the last year since my menopause has really kicked in; I have also had hip pain, stiffness, sciatic pain. I think my ligaments have been the core issue.  I have had systemic kinesiology which has helped prolapse symptoms a lot, and reflexology which has helped hip pain. Going to start on glucosamine too. Hope this helps 🙂

• Posted

By the way, I have been diagnosed with bladder prolapse and some dropping of the uterus. 
    • Posted

Thankyou, it helps to know I'm not crazy, my pain and discomfort is connected to my prolapse, as soon as I started to describe my symptoms to my Dr he said "that pain has nothing to do with your prolapse". But I thought organs being where they are not suppose to be could put pressure on nerves, etc. in the pelvic area. Nothing else explains why after working 11 hours on my feet (3rd shift), the only sleep position that doesn't hurt is flat on my back, which I discovered while painfully switching side to side,most times for hours, before I fell asleep only to have it wake me up!

• Posted

I've recently had surgery, anterior and posterior repair, vaginal hysterectomy and sacrospinous fixation. I'm ten weeks post op so it's still very early days.

I've had back ache, sacroiliac joint, for years and more recently hip pain. Like you I can't stand for ages (but definitely not eleven hours).

I'd read that pelvic organ prolapse could give you back ache, hadn't heard about hip pain, but at this stage still get both!

For me, I think the hip and back pain are osteoarthritis, years of wear and tear. All my aches and pains are much worse post menopause. ??

I take glucosamine and chronditin daily and omega 3.

I'm hoping my recovery may help with these other symptoms, it's a matter of being patient.

• Posted

Thankyou Sheila for sharing ur journey of prolapse, do u have any advice for things I should to prepare for this surgery? My dr said I would be off work 6 weeks, but I'm finding a lot of ladies are off 8-12 weeks, my job is very physical, pushing and pulling heavy carts, and fast paced, I'm a pharmacy technician in a trauma hospital.

• Posted

Hi Sally

If possible the best preparation is to be as fit as you can prior to surgery, increase your exercise levels, walking is a great and easy way to do this, if you're not involved in sport.

A healthy diet, to go into surgery in the best shape you can be. I vowed to lose weight, but didn't! I'm not overweight but could have lost a bit. 😳

Pelvic floor exercises, they're not going to correct a prolapse that needs surgery, but will tone you in preparation.

I was signed off for eight weeks, my job is not manual, but I do have to drive, walk around a bit and am in bustling schools. I know few people who returned after six weeks; it's not long to recover from what is major surgery.

Good luck, hope all goes well

😃😳

• Posted

I had that when heavily pregnant with Son, but also from a big piece of endometriosis on my main posterior uterine ligament. So could be strain on that ligament if uterus has fallen down further
  • Posted

Hi 

sorry for butting in.

I had a total hysterectomy 15 years ago ages 42. Due to cysts and Endometriosis 

But I am now getting dragging feeling down below, since my operation. ( im sorry to say but we are all women.)  My virgina hasn't been the same inside!!! 

I get a lot of back pain. Weeing a lot, but I am drinking more thinking it uti but I really don't think it is. Carnt get a doctors appointment for at least 2 weeks so iv booked to see the nurse next Friday to see what she thinks. 

My question is, can the do a repair on someone who's had a total hysterectomy,.

no cervix etc 

im going crazy with worry im on antidepressants because of health anxiety as it is. 

Just worried that they won't be able to do something if it is a bladder/ rectom prolapse 

thanks for taking the time to read this 

• Posted

The tenderness in my tummy and down below started about 3 weeks ago, 
    • Posted

It could be a vaginal vault prolapse which happens after a hysterectomy in some of us. I had one and had surgery in May, Sacrospinous Fixation or SSF to hopefully repair it. Not had my post op check yet as the clinic seems to be running late with appointments so can't tell you if it's successful yet. I was told it would be 3-4 months recovery though and can believe it now. I had a rectocele too and that was repaired at the same time. Lots can be done to help so try not to worry so much, (easier said than done, I know!) rolleyes Best wishes,  Poll X

• Posted

Oh yes, you've had hysterectomy but of course they can do any repairs that need fixing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.