Bladder repair with mesh

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ..can anyone help.. i have had nothing but bad luck since I had a bladder repair using the mesh support system about 7 years ago.. since then i have undergone several operations to repair and ultimately cut out the mesh along with a hysterectomy after it cut through into my vaginal area ....i have been left with pain and constant pulling sensations.... at the age of 47 im ruined..have issues with my bladder and am on daily meds for it and pain .. is there anyone else in the same position as im hearing that there is a case to be answered by the makers of this mesh that mutilated me

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've had mesh in, mesh out and mesh back in again. Although mine has not cut through, I am now in daily pain which I never had before surgery. I have been following the articles regarding mesh to see what comes of it all

• Posted

Get a lawyer PLEASE!!!! I pray for your healing to make you whole👏👏🙌🙌👏👏

• Posted

Hi Donna,

I am so sorry to hear about your pain/issues after having mesh. Can I ask if your pain started right away and where your pain is? I had the same operation but with a pelvic floor repair 3 years ago. The pelvic floor repair failed and my bladder has prolapsed again but my incontinence has been cured 100%. I also now have a small bowel prolapse but I am loathed to have anymore surgery. Like you I am fairly young for all this at the age of 44. You put your trust in the medical profession and you sound like you have lost all quality of life now. Since my op I have had incessant back pain and have to take medication all the time. I didn't have this before and do wonder if it is linked.

• Posted

I too have severe back pain now debi53024. I also get spasms of pain which feels like it shoots up through my vagina into my stomach, I get shooting pains down my legs and pelvic area pain. The first operation I had is now banned in Scotland due to the type of mesh that was used. It was removed when the op wasn't successful. I now attend a London hospital where I have had 3 ops and have already discussed the option of a forth with my consultants. It's greatly concerning because I find basic day to day life very challenging due to pain and discomfort as well as the psychological impact. Not where I want to be at the age of 29!!!

• Posted

Hi Fiona,

What were the procedures that you have had done and were they not successful at all? I had the TVT. Mines was one of the last to be done in Scotland before they banned it. Did your pain start right away? Have they said that your pain is caused by the mesh? I'm not sure as all I have is back pain nothing else xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.