Bladder sling cut or loosen? Anyone had this done?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Went for my 4 month check up today. I knew something has been wrong. I've had a problem from the beginning of surgergy emptying my bladder. For the past 1 month I have had a constant discomfort on my left side that went along left back area. When I empty my bladder 500cc I still had 400cc left. My repair still looks good, from rectecele and cystecele. She said that the sling was probably to tight, that it happens one in ten. Since I've had discomfort so long, she thought small cut on the sling to loosen it up should fix the problem of not emptying. I have no leakage, it's just that the bladder doesn't fully empty. She said it could be backing up in my kidney. Going for ultra sound to look a kidney and bladder Monday.

Anyone had this done, cutting the sling to loosen?

Also she said it wouldn't be a recovery period like restriction other than no sex for 6 weeks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Grace,

Glad to hear your repairs are good and it must be such a relief to get the bladder issue sorted, there is nothing worse when you know something is wrong and you worry about it for what seems like forever.

Take care

Phyl x

• Posted

Thanks Phyl,

Yes it did make me feel better to know what I was feeling.

I can't wait to hear if anyone had their sling loosen for this problem, and see if it worked for them.

Hope it has!

Thanks for your reply Phyl. Love this site, I always read other post. It's what made me be more careful. As I am one that doesn't normally sit still.

• Posted

Hi Grace do you mind me asking what is a bladder sling. My surgeon told me that I had coughed when they were completing my operation and I had leaked a little, because of this they had put in some extra stitches but that I may need to go back and have a bladder sling if I had any problems with leakage from then on.  
    • Posted

Hi Cookienz,

My sling was made from pig bladder called ACell. It used to help support the bladder. Works like a sling your bladder sits inside the sling. At least that's the way I understood how it works.

• Posted

Matron what's your experience on cutting the sling to loosen it up? Would hate to have been threw all of this, and start leaking or something. No leaks, just don't empty bladder all the way, which is very uncomfortable at times.

Thanks for your input. Or anyone else with experience.

Grace

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.