Bladder Spasms

Posted , 11 users are following.

Has anyone had urine frequency and bladder pain and it not being uti

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes I have, Linda. I also get times where my urine is VERY dark. I have had times where I've peed up to 6 times in the middle of the night alone. Crampy pelvic area too. Sometimes I get high leukocyte readings and I've also had blood in my urine before, yet I do not have a UTI and my urine tests change back to normal. I've had kidney & bladder ultrasounds and I'm getting a pelvic ultrasound next month. Of course I worry about the worst case scenarios but I try to remember that there are many strange changes that my body has gone through over the past few years & I'm still kicking. I do really appreciate this forum and the honesty of others who post about their symptoms and also their fears. It really has helped me when I've been in that dark zone with weird symptoms and scary thoughts.

So yes, I've experienced what you are feeling. I'm 46 and have had these particular symptoms for the past 9 months.

• Posted

I should mention that I did consider the symptoms of Interstitial Cystitis when I noticed tissue in my urine a few times (it looked like wet tissue paper pieces sinking to the bottom of the bowl). I still haven't spoken about this with my doctor, but I have an appointment with an internist coming up after my ultrasound so I will discuss with him them. I did notice another post about pure cranberry juice (without sugar), in another post, and that is a good suggestion to help keep UTIs at bay, however if IC is a possibility, cranberry usually aggravates symptoms. Just something to keep in mind if you try cranberry juice and feel worse.

• Posted

Hi hunni I have had these bits too in my urine and have been so worried about it to. I'm just waiting for urine test resits for UTI's but there is a small amount of (invisible) blood apparently atm too. Hope all will be well for you and all of us here. Anxiety is so difficult to deal with I know but let's take one day at a time. Thank you for sharing your post as its very reassuring it's not just me with this. Keep me posted Hun on any feedback once you e seen your doc and I'll post mine too. Take care xxxx

• Posted

Yes, bladder spasms and frequent urination were actually my first symptoms of perimenopause but of course i didnt know it at the time.
  • Posted

Im a year into menopause and never had the frequent urine until recently! But now it seems to have settled abit! I think all these symptoms can hit us at anytime it seems!
  • Posted

I'm so pleased you posted this! I had a nasty urine infection in June and have had 5 courses of antibiotics. I am going to the toilet every hour (or more) and am being woken up in the night 3 or 4 times. I had a cystoscopy and the urologist thinks it could be intestitial cystitis.  Do you think it is peri-menopause related? So many strange things have been happening in the last three years (I'm 53) and it can't all be a co-incidence. My anxiety levels are through the roof!  By the way, DO NOT drink cranberry juice! I've googled so much on the IC site and they say this is a NO NO! They say avoid caffeine, chocolate (boo hoo), tomatoes and spicy foods.

I am so reassured by your post. I feel so alone and miserable with this.

• Posted

It is horrible can't leave the house need to be near a bathroom all the time and people think your crazy.

• Posted

Yes... I got up 2 or 3x this morning. No pelvic pain though, but have experienced that before too. I think its all peri related.
  • Posted

Yes I have frequent urination in the night - at least four times - tremendous bladder pain until I realized it was the meds I was on causing the bladder pain so I quit the drug and with in one day the pain was gone - I drink huge amounts of water every day 
  • Posted

Hi. I also have microscopic blood in my urine sometimes. Can you ladies describe the bladder spasms? A couple of times I have had a really sharp pain that seems to radiate from my low abd to my urethra. It's quick and then gone. Sometimes my kidneys ache too. I had a clear abd ct scan recently for something else.

• Posted

2chr, I've had similar symptoms. Drinking lots of water and cranberry juice I think did the trick along with my vitamins c with rosehips.

• Posted

Yep I get this too!! Good to know it's not just me! Hope all is ok though xx??💕??

• Posted

Oh yes my gyno told me that we will b experiencing symtoms as uti but is nt to worry about cuz its part of d process...

Hav a great day stay strong

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.