Blanitis or something else?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm not sure what it is but it is bugging me a lot. it doesn't hurt it gets really red and itches sometimes. would love to know what it is! btw I don't mean the fordyce spots or ppp spots, only the red ones you can see in the head and the one really dark on the corner.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hey there sorry you're dealing with this. it looks similar to what i've had but one question: does yours get scaly? my skin is blotchy amd if i'm erect it looks like yours, like the skin is tight. otherwise its like dry and scaly..

• Posted

I'm not that sure if it gets scaly or not I haven't noticed that. it stopped appearing but some dots appear out of nowhere

• Posted

hi morgan, i think mine is like how you described

what did you use?

• Posted

Looks very similar to what i have, doctor said it was fungal and suggested clotrimazole cream. When i use it the symptoms seem to go away but when i stop they come back. I also have joint pain which having read around might be reactive arthritis, im waiting on the results of a full std scan and hoping its not something serious.

• Posted

Everything came back negative which is a relief

• Edited

Yes, it looks like Balanitis to me. Grab some Clotrimazole cream (often sold packaged as female/vaginal yeast infection).

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.