Blateral TKR 6 weeks ago

Posted , 9 users are following.

i thought I would share info. First 2-3 weeks, barely sleep. Pains as opposed 

to aches, lost 15 lbs and my taste for food. No appetite. And exhausted.

approaching 6 weeks Tuesday and not as tired, doing constant PT in office and home.. Slowly getting appetitie back, sleep somewhat better. Pain has migrated to itching and aches. Let's not forget stiffness in AM or after idle. 

I can walk it off abit, but never really without that dull ache feeling. I have good ROM. Stretching helps. I am 71, but in great shape. Two knees is not for the faint heart or out of shape. Glad to answer any questions. The recovery is slow, but one can see it come, "ever so slowly". I am physically ahead, but one must let all the tissue and nerves recover..reading other exp riences is a bit of a comfort. Not alone. 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wow Allan

Two knees at the same time. I am impressed.And at the age of 71. Obviously doctors knew you were capable of doing it. I am 60 and just had the right TKR in Oct. I still have swelling and inflammation.Twice around Costco is about all I can handle. I have a great bend of 130. I need the other one done but my body cannot endure that operation for at least a year, so I will wait. I too am in the U.S. and can do it when I want to. I wish you restful nights and swift gentle tissue and nerve healing. Thank you for all your information. Namaste.

Candace

• Posted

Keep moving the legs.need to stretch hamstrings and other leg muscles.

ride an upright indoor bike, keep massaging your legs. Exceecise in the shower or swimming pool, then the best buddy ice.

get better. I do know you put off two. If I would have done one, not so sure

i go back so fast. Two and done was best shot for me.

old AThoemke and great shape going in. It does help. Strengthen the quads. You will get better. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.