Bleed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Why does diverticulitis bleed.just not clearing up. Some days clear others blood and mucus.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Are you on antibiotics?  Also are you eating soft foods?  Limiting fiber? You colon is probably possibly very irritated. If all of your answers are yes maybe you should check with your doctor.  
    • Posted

Hi Madeline. I stopped the antibiotics 2 weeks ago. I'm eating normal stuff. Not really soft stuff. Hardley any meat. Brown bread. Porridge. Home made soup. But I do like my curries I make ? Just run down.x

• Posted

I've never had a bleed with my diverticulitis.

• Posted

gloria I wish I could help but as bad as my diverticulitis was and even after 2 surgurys I have never bled only mucus I hope you find some answers
  • Posted

I've experienced the same symtoms.

Don't try to self diagnose,

only your doctor can tell what's going on. Check out WebMD or other medical sites for more info.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Either you ate something you're not supposed to and/ or have inflammation/infection. I know brown bread is a bigtime no no, white bread only. As someone previously pointed out, you need to go to the doctor. I suffered for 2 years, not able to eat anything not on the list of soft foods. No fresh fruit and vegetables, stay away from red meat and gassy vegetables.

• Posted

I've never bled, but sometimes I do have some light red on the toilet paper.  It's from the hemorrhoids.   I do have a lot of mucous, but that is from the infection from diverticulosis and don't always have mucous in my stools.  If you are still having a lot of blood, I'd talk to your doctor.   Will help ease your mind and you don't want stress.  

• Posted

Hi Gloria, you need to check that with your doctor, I have bled in the past but it was because of piles so make sure you get that checked out!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.