Bleed after TAH ending up in ITU!!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had TAH 3 and half weeks ago ended up having a massive bleed, had second op and ended up in ITU. Reading some of your posts it worries me that I am going to be in pain for a long while. I'm very emotional and in lots of pain. I have now got an infection and blood clots under my scar. How do I get through all this!!!! Help. 😰

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't think I can say anything reallly to help but I just wanted to say how dreadfully sorry I was and what rotten luck you have had. I hope you have good friends and family who can give you all the emotional and practical support that you need. Just take everything that is offered.

xx

• Posted

Dear Catherine,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I do have family around and my husband who is beyond supportive although during the day I'm on my own and that is when I become low. I'm also worrying about the amount of time off work I need and not getting paid. But again thank you. Xxx

• Posted

I'm so sorry to learn you're going through this!  Pain is so debilitating, it saps your strength each day and blights your hope for the future.

Please try to take it a day at a time, and when you need to an hour at a time. Rest as much as you can and give your body time to heal.  Nothing is as important as healing properly!

Know that when you cry you're releasing all the tension and fear you're holding inside your body, too.  So, don't be hard on yourself if you do cry--it will actually help you to heal, too.

Please let me know how you get on!   

I'm glad that your husband is supportive, that's wonderful.  

• Posted

Hi,

You've come to the right place for some help and reassurance. I've posted about 4 messages in the last 4 days since my op about various things. It's helpful to hear from others but equally scary reading some of the posts on complications too.

You've had an awful lot going on and it's only natural to feel low and worried. I keep telling myself to just stay strong and get through it and listen to my body more importantly. Yesterday was a bad day and I spent most of it in bed but I did feel much better for it.

Take care and rest up.

Jess

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.