Bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im now on day 7 from having mid uretha tape surgery and a posterier repair nd my back is becommin more painful every day..i stopped bleedin after 4 days but have started again now..is it normal to bleed on & off like this..x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am sure that it is quite normal. I was lucky in that I had very little bleeding which stopped after a week or so just like a very light period but don't really have periods now as on hrt. If you are worried speak to a nurse on the ward that you were discharged from. Still very early days for you
  • Posted

I never had any bleeding as had a hysterectomy 10 years ago but I'm 10 weeks down the line and my back is sometimes still very painful. could last up to 6 months possibly.  I see consultant end of this month anyway.  It's normal.  Remember to rest
  • Posted

It is normal but if it becomes particularly heavy or smells then you need to see your GP
    • Posted

Thankyou for your replies the bleeding seems to be easing off again now so i will keep an eye on things...can i also ask if you may know is it normal to have a heavy bloated uncomfortable feeling in my abdomen..it feels like it does wen bustin for a wee for a long time..if that makes any sense xx
    • Posted

Hello Fozzybear. Sometimes you get the bloated feeling if your surgeon has had to pump some air into the area whilst he's doing the repair. It's so different bits and pieces are easily visible other than that it could be because you're bowel has slowed down a bit due to being handled.
    • Posted

Hi matron yes that wd make sense now as tthe nurses did say i was pumped up in theatre which cd cause wind..it hasnt thou jus left this feelin..hope it wares off soon its so uncomfortable..im stil taking lactulose morn & nite to keep my bowels soft and it seems to be workin..is it somethin i should be having checked or should i just give things a chance to settle first xx
    • Posted

You can buy Buscopan over the counter from the pharmacy and that will help or try windeze. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.