Bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had bleeding from the backside on and off for several years with no pain, however in the last 24 hours it started up when I was in my bedroom, I felt my bottom was wet and found blood.  When I looked using a mirror I could see it seeping onto my bottom and I had to do a lot of wiping up, there appeared to be a lot of bright red blood.  Today it has been bleeding when just going for a wee and then tonight the same thing happened, more blood oozing out again.  I've had a lot of stress in my life in the last three years and mentioned the bleeding twice to the gp (new one as I'd moved), she didnt seem bothered about it!  I'm very worried now, where do I go from here??

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

well after reading peoples experiences I've decided not to attend the appointment, I was up til 4.30am worrying myself and getting into a real state.  Its mostly the preparation that is worrying and most people said that is a lot worse than the actaul test!!!!!  I have a very sensitive stomach and the last thing I need is to aggravate it furthur!!!  I would have the test without doing the prep but don't think thats possible. Now how to tell my partner as he would be taking me.

• Posted

Hi Catherine , take the test ! Honestly the prep is a breeze . If I am completely honest , I would do the prep once a year if I could , without any procedures . Its a great feeling to be totally clean and clear . Please dont let it put you off . The drink itself can be slightly difficult if you are not used to drinking alot . The scope itself is nothing to worry about either . Please , trust me , you will be absolutely fine , and at least you can find out for sure whats going on that is causing you the problem .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.