Bleeding a year after no periods

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I am worried as I have had no periods for over a year and today started bleeding . I have had sore boobs a few tummy cramps but a week or so before I had a clear show I have rung my Doctor and has just phoned me back with a appointment at 15.30 today . I am really worried . Anyone else had this happen .I am not on HRT or any medication .

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jeanette

?Your symptom's could well be your hormone levels changing, hopefully you only need HRT and all this will sort its self ill bethinking of you later 

best wishes 

carol

• Posted

Thankyou I hope so . Don't really want to use HRT as heard loads of bad things about it . Heard of wild yam supposed to help .

• Posted

Hi im pleased youve now a diagnosis, ive heard these can cause lots of issues, and can grow to quite a size, if it were me id want them treated before this could happen, a small op is far better than open surgery. What bad stuff have u heard, ive only heard of positive experience from family .

​hope everything goes well for you

carol 

• Posted

Please keep us posted. The same happened to me; I have an ultrasound next Tuesday to check it. I didn't have a period in 18 months and lately I had this PMS symptoms and started to bleed. 

• Posted

My doctor is sending me to see a Gynocologist at the Hospital , so just waiting for the appointment. Should hear within 10 days when I go to see Gynocologist . My Doctor told me not to worry ,but didn't put my mind at ease . So just a waiting game. If she was worried i would have a appointment straight away . So trying not to get stressed and worry.

• Posted

Please let me know how you get on . You will be ok so don't worry x

• Posted

It's normal, because your monthly doesn't just stop, it's a gradual declination of your hormones. Many women think they haven't had anything for some time but even slight spotting that's rarely noticeable is an indication that you're hormones are still active. Also, eating soy, tofu, or any type of soy byproduct, will disrupt your hormones and can cause your hormones to become active again.

• Posted

I wanted to give you an update on my ultrasound. I have multiple small fibroids inside the uterus. My doc told me if I bleed again to go and see a Gyno. From what I read these are not treated if you don't have side effects. Im feeling bloated though. Good Luck to you and keep us posted!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.