Bleeding after 18 months without

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Ladies I am having a major panic as a week or so ago i started with sore boobs n then felt really pms like down n depressed and headachy and then had some spotting which went on to a very light period. i have not had a period since coming off norethetirone to thin my womb lining so its been 18 months. I went to drs on advice Wednesday and hes got me straight in at hosp monday for a biopsy n scan. Has anyone else been like this as im petrified of wot it will show and the form at drs sed gynaecological cancer referral form. Thanx.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There may be all sorts of reasons for it so don't panic! Your doctor may be just 'red flagging' you to make sure you are seen soon. Mine did that and it turned out I had Cysts and fibroids.
  • Posted

Hi hun

I agree with bobbysgirl.

Dont panic. They always do a cancer referral in these cases. It just means you get seen quickly. Otherwise you wou

• Posted

You would wait weeks for appt.

Sorry phone messing about thats why the message is in two parts.

Keep us updated

All the best xx

• Posted

Hi Deezy

Do you take Progesterone pills to help with your hormanes. If so the progesterone pill can cause sore boobs it can also cause bleeding so can estrogen even if you are in peri or in menopause these two medications can make you bleed and give you sore boobs. 

You should ask your doctor or you should call this number 1-800-FDA-1088 they can tell you right out what progesterone pills can due and it can bring on a period too. Read the side effects

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.