Bleeding after bowel movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi 6 weeks ago I noticed blood on toilet roll after wiping.so I checked my stool and was blood on there to.doctor said it's a small internal hemorrhoid.gave me Stool softener and supositories.bleeding stopped after 3 days then went away for 2 days.then started bleeding again.then next day it went away for another day then started bleeding again.cant seem to shift it for longer then 2 days.still taking Stool softener and supositories.by find when have a large soft bowel movement It seems to iritate it again.I cant win so now doc sending me to a surgeon to have a look and inject it.do hemorrhoids do this?any one had Same thing?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dan I had the same thing which started last year . It continued on and off for a few months . I was told it was hemmoroids and was also sent to see a consultant regarding getting them banded . I had a sigmoidoscopy to Check them and was told it was proctitis and not hemmoroids . I was pretty shocked due to not having any other symptoms .
  • Posted

Yes, I too have somewhat large internal and external hemmorrhoids, due to constant straining and or sometimes constant diarrhea. He wants to do Rubber Band Litigation, but I have heard several people do this, and it's very painful. If there are inhections, I would rather have that. I did not think they were being done anymore Only thing is that I know they will just come back because I strain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.