bleeding after early menopause

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi. I'm 31 years old and 12 years ago I had leukemia. The last period I had was 11 years ago and I was told a year or so after that I had gone through early menopause due to the chemo and total body radiation. The last year or so I've occasionally had a tiny bit of pink discharge, I was concerned so went for an ultra sound and they said everything was as it should be and that was that. For the last 4 days I have had alot of brown discharge, a couple of times with bright blood, stomach cramps and headaches everyday. I'm quite worried as I shouldn't be having periods anymore so I don't know what it could be

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The light pink/dark brown bleeding you are describing sounds like classic peri/Meno hunni. Have you checked with your doc though just for peace of mind?

Well done you on your recovery too - anyone who goes through that terribly harrowing experience and come out the other side is a true inspiration! Big hugs xxxx

• Posted

Are you taking HRT, it could be that you need to change to a different one.
  • Posted

I assume you still have ovaries etc. maybe they have come back to life, this could be good news and worth getting a hormone blood test I would have thought.  
  • Posted

Hi ladies

Thanks for the replies. I had a blood test then another one 2 weeks later, the receptionist at my docs surgery just said they were "normal" whatever that means.

Im also having an ultrasound in 2 weeks.

Really strange though as it's happening again at the moment, bleeding/brown discharge, stomach cramps, and this started exactly 30 days after the last one! Ive had it for 4 days now, it's very odd.

I'm not back at my doctors for another 4 weeks and i just want some answers, it's so confusing

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.