Bleeding after having a total hysterectomy

Posted , 1 user is following.

Looking for thoughts..

I had a total hysterectomy 7/8/2020. I have had endometriosis since I was 17. I was fortunate enough to have three healthy happy children. In 2010 I had an ablation done to try to help with endometriosis. It seemed to help for a few years but again I had to have an ablation done in 2018 and my docotr said he went multiple layers doen trying to be sure he got everything. Unfortunately, as Covid was hitting in March I started having more issues with my period again. The bleeding was getting bad and the pain was unbelievable. The first week of June I was bleeding so hard I was changing a super tampon and pad every 30-40 minutes. I was finally able to get into the doctor and have the surgery. They removed the uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, as well as part of the vaginal wall that had the endometriosis on it. The day after my surgery I felt a million times better than I did before I went in for the surgery with no pain meds, I went home to heal. I spotted for two weeks after the surgery which I was told was normal in to anticipate possibly spotting for the next six weeks while my body was healing and the stitches were dissolving. The bloating when I over do it is still happening. My period being on schedule as far as the start date is the only thing that was predictable. So now both September and October have come and me getting my period on the expected date has happened. My breasts swell every month a week before I get my period. Typically 8 days after my breasts swell I get my period. Well I have started spotting and needing to wear a underwear liner for 5 days for the past two months. October was a little heavier than September. Other than that there has been no bleeding. My doctor said my body is still healing. Has anyone else experienced this? Why am I only bleeding when my period is due to be here. It is so discouraging. I can thankfully say I have no pain like I had before. Sorry this is a novel, just wanted the whole story there in case someone else has had the same experience.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.