Bleeding after hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all! I had my partial hysterectomy (only uterus removed) on May 9, just over 2 weeks ago. I had no discharge or bright red bleeding until this morning. I did a little more yesterday than I had done so far... bent over a couple of times and cooked a simple dinner... no heavy lifting or anything that caused immediate discomfort. Did I over do it? Or was this bleeding normal for anyone else?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello I had a total hysterectany on May 8th I have been loosing fluid of some sort ever since. I have been told that this is normal and not to worry. It is everything settling inside x 
  • Posted

Hi Helen, I didn't bleed till ten days after mine. It is quite normal. I was advised not to stand for long periods for a few weeks, maybe you were just on your feet for too long. I am 5 weeks post op now, no bleeding but even now if I have spent the day on my feet I fee some discomfort and I am still really tired.
  • Posted

Thanks ladies! I just came from the doctor's and he told me it was nothing to worry about. I also was wrong about having only my uterus removed. Somehow, I just took that for granted, but found out now that I had my cervix and one ovary removed as well. Trying to process this new information.
  • Posted

Was there anything wrong with your ovary? I have my op on June 6th and was told only uterus would be coming out unless my ovaries are bad. But from last scan in Jan they were good and just had smear test last week and my cervic is very healthy
  • Posted

I don't know what was wrong with my ovary. Before the surgery, I told the surgeon that my ultrasound had showed one ovary had a cyst and after the surgery, he told me that the ovary did not have a cyst, but he didn't tell me that he took one out anyway. I guess I should have asked more questions. I only found this out through my family doctor, but he didn't have all the information on the report.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.