Bleeding after menopause

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have just had about five days light bleeding after my periods had stopped about 11 months ago.

I have had a polyp removed from outside my uterus but another one was found inside it after an ultrasound scan. I am due to go back for another appt. I'm rather worried - all the usual stuff - what if its not benign etc. although my doctor says it probably is.  I wasnt at all worried about it when I was told I had it, but now I've read more and realized what it could be I'm getting more worried. Anyone else had anything similar? Thanks alot.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Ive been post for a year now, and so far no more bleeds, however, my sister was post with no periods for 3 years, and then had a bleed, she was given scan, and  smear both normal, put it down to, her body just getting rid of, what was on the womb from having enough hormones still left to do it, like  a clean out the drs said,  i have a couple of friends the same thing happened to them after two years being post, so, its not unheard of,  so, it could mean nothing, but getting it checked is the right thing to do, easier said than done i know, but try  not worry about it until you know whats going on, cross your bridges when hyou come to them in you can!!   

Benign polyps will make you bleed, but you obviously know they can change........... i have fibroids their benign, but can also change, and they make you bleed as well in between periods, but the blood ive lost from them in between, had a thicker consistency, and was darker in colour, it didnt remind me of a period, except the cramping, so, if yours was exactly like a period but lighter in colour, with normal texture, could just be a period, it happens, but at least your getting it checked, and the drs are being cautious, which, is a good sign.  

• Posted

Been there, done that. My advice:

a) go to the appointment

b) googling will do nothing to abate your anxiety. just stop doing it.

• Posted

Actually you are totally right.  I've had a number of health scares and tests in the past 12 months and a bit, and they've all turned out to be nothing to worry about - endoscopy, colonscopy due to chronic anaemia, MRI scan of brain - small benign pituitary tumor, tests for cushings disease, TMJ - temporamandibular joint dysfunction - so bad I could hardly eat for discomfort for a couple of months - now resolved with physiotherapy, ECG stress test, etc...

This is just - 'here we go again'.  I worried about all the others, and needlessly - no point worrying about this one. Even if it is anything its probably very early stage, so I'll shut the worry off.  If it was anything something would probably have shown up on the ultrasound and biopsy and bloodtest.

• Posted

Hi ursulauc62, when I was told about the polyp I was worried too but thank god it was benign so try not worry too much, I hope all goes well smile
    • Posted

Hi Ursula.....................thats great! let us know how you get on good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.