Bleeding after one ovary removed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had endometriosis for several years which had encased my entire right ovary and started to attach to my appendix. On December 2 2016 I had my right ovary and appendix removed. Dr stated that he did check my left side and there was no signs of endometriosis cells on that side. I have been on continuous dosage of low dose estrogen birth control and I have not had any bleeding in over a year or signs of a cycle. Now 6 months after my surgery, I have been bleeding for over two weeks. I am clotting a lot so I feel like my body is trying to stop but it has been clotting for over a week with no signs of slowing down. I am trying something as of a couple days ago and I am not taking the birth control for a week to see if that will stop the bleeding when I start back up on them.

Has anyone had this problem at all? I am trying to avoid going to my OB if at all possible. This simply feels like my body just trying to in a way clean it self out after such a long span of not having a cycle at all. I started taking some iron pills (over the counter) do to the bleeding.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sarah

I'm sorry that you're going thru this. May I ask why you don't want to see your doc? I mean, aside from the hours upon hours in the waiting room ( which is why I refused to see another OB once I had everything yanked at 27, lol).

If you must attempt to deal with this on your own, perhaps you'd consider Vit. K. I'm no authority, I just know a mom who successfully halted her kids' nosebleeds by upping their K intake.

• Posted

Well he is going to want to do an internal US and right now I am really not wanting anything like that. It does honestly feel like a regular cycle. I was just wanting to see if anyone else has had something like this happen.
    • Posted

That makes sense. Just Don't let it go on too long if your ideas don't pan out.

• Posted

Hello did u bleed after ur surgery? I'm 6 days post op and I'm still bleeding bright red like a period.. did this happen to anyone? .. I had my right ovary and tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy

• Posted

Hello did u bleed after ur surgery? I'm 6 days post op and I'm still bleeding bright red like a period.. did this happen to anyone? .. I had my right ovary and tube removed due to an ectopic pregnancy. 

• Posted

Hi Alex

I am so sorry about your pregnancy.

It is not unusual to bleed a week after such a surgery BUT:  please check with your nurse/doctor or surgeon to be sure what they think would be normal.   They should have given you some discharge papers that tell you what to expect.

Be sure to follow their instructions.  If they say "no sex for 6 weeks" that means no stimulation & no penetration with anything into any lower passage for that entire time.

I hope that your bleeding stops soon.

• Posted

Well I jus called my surgon/ob office on wat to expect n  they said they should be in touch wit me today or tomorrow 😒😒

• Posted

Good, but don't wait all day for them to call.  If you don't hear in the morning, call back right before lunch. 

• Posted

Okay thank u will do 💖 It's just really scary they discharged me an hr after my surgery and of course I was all high off the Anastasia so I completely forgot to ask questions but the dr didn't tell me what to expect at home 😕 I've been panicking for 6days not knowing if this bright red blood looks like a period is normal ?? So hopefully I get a response soon from her! 

• Posted

It's a bad system this pushing people out the door right after surgery.  Almost no one can remember what's told them in that circumstance.  I sure can't!

Just make sure they talk to you before shutting up for the weekend. 

• Posted

Hello there I am here again ... okay so my bleeding eventually stopped right. But a few days ago I started spotting again.. and while having intercourse sorry about he details but I expierenced pain where my overt use to be at.. n I am still bleeding bright red after 6 weeks of my operation.. could this be my period or something else..? Idk I’m iffy about it. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.