Bleeding after partial Hysterectomy....

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies, has anyone else experienced a small bleed after their partial hyst? I had my uterus removed and everything else left. I didn't bleed at all from the op but have nod on the day of my period had a very small bleed. Just a few spots! I emailed my consultant and she said this was normal and just coming away. As long as not a lot and no smell. Which there hasn't been either of. Was a bit of a shock considering I'm not meant to have periods! 👀

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Yes it happened to me, it's what they call pooled blood, it's been sitting there since the op and gets expelled usually around a week to 10 days (give or take) after surgery.

• Posted

Hi Karmaway,  if you still have ovaries and a cervix you might have monthly 'mini periods' people describe them as spotting for a couple of days.  The topic/discussion of mini periods is frequently discussed on hystersisters website, use their search to read others experience.  Mini periods are more related to supracervical/ subtotal hysterectomies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.