Bleeding again at 45 after early menopause at 29!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So glad I have found this site I went through early menopause at 29 and am now 45 the last 4 years I have had bleeds once or twice a year which has resulted in me having vaginal scan and followed up with endometrial biopsy as scan has shown thickening womb . Results have always come back ok now feeling scared had another bleed last week and I have scan again next Thursday it seems to be happening a lot but no explanation I am already getting worked up if I need biopsy again . .They say they wish they could give me answers but hav ent come across someone who was menopausal at 29 but 8 years after hrt it reversed for a few months then my levels showed Dec menopausal again don't know wots happening anymore.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Are you still on hrt? If yes it happens often due to hormonal fluctuations. If no maybe your ovaries start function again? If scans are clear don't worry! smile

• Posted

Thanks Vicky no they took me off the HRT about two years ago . It's just it raises its ugly head every year and I am always so scared of the endometrial biopsy and waiting for results , I am wondering if I should be considering a hysterectomy keyhole although I know this is major surgery just hate going through this all the time .😣

• Posted

Please try not to worry. From what you are describing it is not the first time you started bleeding since you were 29. It looks like your hormons were still active and doing things time after time. Perhaps use of HRT made ypu active again. Please don't worry and wait for the result.

• Posted

Hi Lorraine! Hysterectomy is a very serious surgery, sorry for feeling so anxious! Maybe the bleeding is due to stopping hrt. You are too young I think for meno! My gyn said that I can safely continue until 50 due to my premature ovarian failure. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.