Bleeding before period

Posted , 7 users are following.

I'm 52 years old and started a little bleeding yesterday 2 weeks before my period is expected.  Should I be concerned?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Does anyone reply to our questions here?
    • Posted

Hi Theresa, any things possible if your in peri, cycle all over the place, intermittent bleeding is quite normal at this stage of life due to the fluctuating hormones

Don't know your circumstances if your on HRT etc but make an appointment with your doctor and mention it if the bleeding dosnt settle

I wouldn't be overly concerned though

Take care xx

• Posted

hi, you haven't said whether you have any other symptoms of peri/menopause.  I would suspect that you are entering it now as changes in periods are usually the first sign, but then again, there are no set rules, as the ladies on this forum would tell you!  

You probably need to go to your doctor and get a check up because this may be the first sign of perimenopause.  This did happen to me a few years back and I brushed it off, as I wasn't experiencing any other noticeable symptoms.  I should have really taken notice at the time, so do go to your doctor and be prepared for peri-menopause early, maybe other ladies on this forum might join in and give their views.

take care

• Posted

I had something similar and did mention it to the Dr, he wasn't concerned and felt it was probably an ovulation bleed, I'm still here 8 years on so I guess he was right!
  • Posted

As we enter peri periods can be affected, I had bleeding spotting on and off for a month when entering menopause. I did get things checked out just for peace of mind though, but like i said, periods can go haywire at this time x
  • Posted

Hiya - same as the other ladies here. I had this (and still do occasionally) . For peace of mind as its your first time for noticing this just run it by your doc but it does sound like classic peri. Xxx
  • Posted

Hiya - same as the other ladies here. I had this (and still do occasionally) . For peace of mind as its your first time for noticing this just run it by your doc hunni but it does sound like classic peri. Xxx
  • Posted

Thanks for the replys. I also noticed blood in my urine I got checked out in er and they said no bladder or kidney infection still bleeding a little and concerned??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.