Bleeding during sex

Posted , 6 users are following.

I recently have started sleeping with a new partner before this I hadn't had sex for over a year. Often when we have sex I will bleed a very small amount. Wondering if it could be LS or if it would be a different issue. Has anyone else experienced this? It is come from inside me. Cervix perhaps?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Christine you must go to see your doctor if you have been bleeding this isn't A Good Thing. It MaY Be L S but it could be another cause altogether. An infection break thro bleeding , polyps so don't worry but make an appointment

good luck

Sue

• Posted

Bleeding after sex with LS usually comes from an exterior tear. Your bleeding sounds like a good reason to go to Emergency.

Take care.

• Posted

Are you on The Pill? sometimes you can get break through bleeding if the dose isnt high enough

How much are you bleeding and how long? when does it happen immediately or afterwards - these are aspects your medic will need to know Let us know what you decide to do- Dont put off phoning for an appointment The sooner it stops the better and more relaxed you will be

sue

• Posted

Agreed. If you can't see a tear where that bleeding is coming from then you should get it looked at. I bled after 3 years of no sex and it hurt like the dickens but I could see where the tears were and where the bleeding was coming from. Plus I already knew that I had LS so there really wasn't any wondering for me. In your case, if you haven't been diagnosed you want to make sure it is that and not something else. 
  • Posted

I used to bleed slightly after/during sex.  I went to doctor and was given a smear which came back with abnormal cell changes. (This does not mean that you have cancer)  I had to have another smear after six months which also came back with the same result.  As a result I opted for a hysterectomy as I was 50 and suffering pretty dreadful menopausal symptoms too, also I had suffered endometriosis all my life as well.  Following my hysterectomy I was diagnosed with LS which kicked up a gear after the hysterectomy and became a problem, I realise now I had had it since I was early twenties.  I have since found out that many women with abnormal cell changes on the cervix actually have LS.  It would definately be worth you checking this out and setting your mind at rest about more serious conditions.
    • Posted

Interesting, I had conizations of abnormal cells on my cervix in my forties and I believe LS started for me at least when I was 22 if not earlier.
    • Posted

We seem to have had similar experiences.  I wonder how many other LS sufferers have abnormal cell changes on their cervix discovered when smear tests are done.  I have definately read of others saying they have had these smear results. 
  • Posted

Go to your docters for a smear I've had pre cancerous cells twice in my life and this was my only symptom on both occasions x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.