Bleeding early on the pill?

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi all. so, me and my boyfriend have sex about once/twice a week. we've had a monogamous relationship for over two years. i am 29. this past saturday we had sex twice in a 3 hour span (very unusual for us) and the second time was more intense. shortly afterward i saw fresh blood after using the bathroom, red/pink. just a little bit then it kinda stopped. the next day on sunday, what looked like a little scab came out of me, along with some brown discharge. still had some yesterday (monday). today is now tuesday and it does feel like my period is actually starting. its my first day of the inactive pill.

i've been on the same type of pill since 2013. started with ortho tri cyclen lo, then it was tri-lo sprintec (a generic version), and most recently tri lo marzia (another generic). i've had a good experience with it overall. havent had any late pills or mistakes in over a year. usually my period does come like clockwork on wed/thurs of the inactive pills, but there have been occasions where i have spotting a few days beforehand.

a little about my gynecological history: had an ovarian cyst removed in 2013, which is why i started the pill shortly after. last year i went in for the same reason, post coital bleeding and he happened to find that i had abnormal cells and cervical dysplasia - so last summer of 2018 i had a colposcopy and then a cervical laser ablation (which takes off the first layer of the cervix with the abnormal cells). uneventful, and i've had 4 normal followup paps since. during that time they also did a transvaginal ultrasound and pelvic ct (due to my history of cysts) and those were normal.

my last gyno annual was a month ago. he said everything looked normal, and my pap was normal from that too. i am definitely not pregnant. i feel great overall, so i'm really not concerned about anything serious. my concern is, did the sex i had injure my cervix somehow causing it to bleed or contract? can that happen when you have sex so close to your period? is it because of being on a lower dose bc pill for so long? i dont really mind the spotting, i'd rather deal with that than change bc pulls especially if i dont actually need to. i cant really go to my gyno about this while im on my period, but i just wanted to hear if anyone else had a similar experience.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.