bleeding for about 10 days now. what's happening to me

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had embolyzation in 2016 and have been enjoying my life since then because the heavy Flood of bleeding stopped. My period reduced from 10 day's to 3 days. But just last week my period started with thick clots of blood coming out. Lasted for 4 days and started flowing again. I have been spotting since then. This is like the 10 the day. Please has anyone experienced this? Please what's happening to me.

I would love to hear from the house

.Ruth

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ruth, I had UFE 2 years ago following really heavy periods.  The procedure was successful and I had 2 years of blissfully light periods.  That changed earlier this year when I had a light period for the usual 3 days, then following a gap of about 5 days, I had a 2nd really heavy period (flooding and clots).  I had no warning signs, my periods didn't gradually get heavier over the preceding months.  One month it was super light and only 3 days then bam! heavy period the following month lasting 10 days.  I went straight back to my GP for a referral - I could not believe I was going through this again so soon.  I was hoping the UFE would give me a minimum 5 years.

After both an ultrasound and MRI it was confirmed I have new fibroids.  Turns out I am a pretty efficient fibroid growing machine.  I'm scheduled for a hysteroscopic TCRF next month, and after that will have the Mirena coil fitted.  My consultant thinks that should help control my periods for the next 5 years.  At 46 I am still some way off the menopause but not ready for a hysterectomy.

See your GP/Consultant as soon as you can and try not to worry.  I know how upsetting it must be but it is fixable.

Best wishes

xx

• Posted

Thanks for your explanation. I actually suspected what you explained. I think I will have to consider the hysterescopi.. I can't go through that hell of flooding period anymore .

• Posted

Hi Libra,

Wait, is the hysteroscopic resection that surgery where they go in through vagina and basically scrape out the necrotic tissue or fibroid tissue? Didn't you mention you had expelled fibroids if there was discharge? I could be wrong or confusing you with someone else, sorry I am reading a lot on this site in hopes to find some help as I feel truly alone.

For me, UFE surgery on Aug 21, 2018. I had an 11cm dominant fibroid in posterior uterine wall (nobody ever told me if it is submucosal or intramural) - and also 2 very small fibroids which nobody ever focused on, given the large one.

No discharge for the first 2 weeks after the procedure - and very little pain

The 3rd week after procedure I had gone back to work and discharge started light - sometimes brown and others yellow, NOT persistent and only every few days - light pantyliners were sufficient and I never used tampons since the procedure to avoid any risk of introducing bacteria.

Since Dec 4, 2018, I am having yellow foul-smelling discharge NON STOP / every single day and it is heavy in flow but fluid/watery, not very thick. This makes me think my cervix is not wide enough to allow the fibroid(s) to pass through it, so only the uterine wall is shedding (but this is an assumption which is why I need medical MRI confirmation of whether or not the big fibroid looks like it needs to expel vaginally. MAYBE NOT??)

I immediately contacted radiology and was advised to go to the gynecologist for the discharge.

I have never ever in my life had discharge like this, and rarely even have discharge when I am ovulating, so I know this is connected to the UFE.

Gynecologist said "it does not look like BP, and I do not know if it is a degenerating fibroid" Overall, she was unable to properly diagnose this. Please know that she, along with many other gynecologists I have met, have ALWAYS been much more set on myomectamy instead of UFE so she was quick to suggest I go to a surgeon/oncologist who would just put a knife to the problem and cut the fibroids out.

I have had regular periods every month since the procedure - but since the constant discharge started, I had a really heavy and much more "fluid" period, heavier than it has ever been in the past - typically, my period blood is thicker but recently it is like water, both the discharge fluid and the blood are extremely "watery" - could it be that my cervix is too tight and not allowing the large fibroid to be expelled, therefore only the uterine wall fluid is getting out? (another assumption.) HELP

• Posted

Whaat.. Am in shock, you mean the bliss doesn't last??

Am so Sorry Libra

Hugs...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.