Bleeding for three weeks..

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have an ovarian cyst found in the ER which was mimicking appendicitis symptoms. I have an ultrasound scheduled in about three weeks. A few days after my diagnosis in the ER( I left after ruled out emergency)  I had my normal period as scheduled (duration of 5 days) ,  then I had three days of light spotting and then my period has started up again (duration going on day 10).

Should I be concerned because I am losing quite a bit of blood now..but I don’t go into see my Gyno for two more weeks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I think you should call and go in asap. My Doctors told me if I had any bleeding I was to let them know right away and if it was bad I was to go to emerg as it could be a rupture. I don't want to cause any alarm but I would not wait, I would let your Gyno know right away and he can decide what he wants you to do.

• Posted

Thank you, never had vaginal/ovary problems before and did not want to over react if this was a normal occurrence 
    • Posted

It's never overreacting if you're bleeding outside of your period. Don't wait. Go to your doctor now.

• Posted

I was told if bleeding happens, then it could be that the cyst burst and this could lead to fatal toxic shock.
  • Posted

I would let you obgyn know.  Maybe they can move your ultrasound up, or call s different imaging center to have the ultrasound done sooner.  If your experiencing a lot of pain or fever I would definitely see your ob sooner or go to the ER

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.