Bleeding from back passage without bowel movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

For about 4+ weeks I’ve had a difference in my bowel movements, I’m having to go more frequently and it’s more looser, I’m also having more bloating and after going still feel like I havent been. I’ve had weight loss without even trying or changing my diet. I’m exhausted all the time and having to sleep during the day. 

I have very bad night sweats and for the last week I’ve had to keep feeling like I need to go and then check my underwear to find blood and then seeing just blood on the toilet paper. ( sorry for the information!) 

I’m also suffering from bloating a lot and just generally feeling under the weather! 

Anyone else experienced this or any men out there with the same problem. I’m 21. Never have bowl problems before only 4/6 weeks ago 

Thank in advance please shed some light if anyone is having the similar thing.

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Any bleeding from rectum should immediately be checked out by a doctor. Unless you have been diagnosed with Hemorrhoids, please see you primary doctor as soon as possible...don't wait! 

• Posted

Thank you I’m going to try and get a gp appointment tomorrow as I rang this evening and it’s a 2 week wait if it’s not urgent but I felt like I needed to go tonight and couldn’t but wipep as felt different and had blood on the paper 
    • Posted

I would tell the reception lady it is urgent.  You are to important to wait 2 weeks.  That would do your head in!!!  And who knows it could be urgent.  Let us know how you go!  But don't stress, you will be fine just need to take it serious just incase xxx

• Posted

So I went to the gp on Wednesday and they did a full examination and they said tenderness on the right hand side of my stomach, and then examined the back passage. She did see the blood and said bassed on examination , weight loss, change etc she will refer me under the 2

Week rule. Had a blood test this morning and then hopefully next week I will hear from them. 

• Posted

You need to go get this checked out soon as possible, anytime seeing blood.
    • Posted

Thank you I’m going to try and speak to the dr tomorrow I didn’t even go this evening but felt like I needed to an still had blood on the paper without even going 
  • Posted

Hey Josh,

I think you will be stressing out like anybody who sees something change.  There are quite a few things it could be.  Because you don't want to take any chances go to your doctor today or tomorrow.  Make sure you get referred for a colonoscopy.  I have had 5 colonoscopies.  Not sure what country you are in but if the public system is slow consider going private.  It costs about $2000 here.  So important to look after your health and sometimes the speed that you get things done can be critical.  Josh you are going to feel so much better getting to the bottom of it rather than hoping your body will sort itself out.  Sending you a hug.  

• Posted

Hi thank you 

I’m in the UK. I feel silly if going to the drs and it turns out to be nothing and I have a feeling they will just say that they can’t do anything or come back in 3 week if nothing  changes. And thank you and to you! 

• Posted

This is an emergency, I would go to the ER as soon as possible, this is possibly bowel cancer, blood tests need to be taken and a colonoscopy requested. I wouldn't wait, go now.

• Posted

This was my first thought but I’m only 21 and wondered can you even get it at this age ? I’m going to my dr today but feel they never listen or take things seriously 
    • Posted

There has been a trend where bowel cancer is becoming more common with those below age 50. I'm not saying you have it for sure but based on your symptoms it's plausible. If it were up to me men and women should start having colonoscopies every five years after the 1st at the age of 21.

This is your life, you're going to have to fight for it. If it ends up being something else (Another possible diagnosis is Crohns disease) good atleast you know. I'm going through a process of figuring out what the hell I have. The difference between me and you, you have nearly all of the symptoms of Bowel cancer or IBD. All I have is very small almost dot size blood in stool, smaller stools, some mucus and anal itching and this has been going on for 4-6 years. I might have it too idk but its very very unlikely. 

You, on the other hand, have alarming symptoms that if it were me I'd fight for a diagnosis. That's some scary stuff man. Don't wait anymore and demand. You can never be too young to have cancer.

• Posted

I cant thank you enough for actually listening to me! I said my worry to my friend and they just said oh your too young so stop dramatising it. 

I just went to book an appointment with the gp. And I have a feeling they will just say I’m being worried to much and shrug me off and say come back in a month if it’s still going on but I hurt so much in my stomach aswell on the right side the most ! Also if they refer me to have it investigated if it’s not urgent or they don’t think it is then it’s a very long wait. I was also thinking could it maybe IBS ? Is my question I’m going to ask them aswell!

Thank you so much for your help!

• Posted

I needed my gallbladder removed at 15 (first gallstone attack while still 14). My surgeon wrote a paper about it for a medical magazine as most gallstone patients were, at that time, in their 40's. That said, any medical condition can happen at any time. Take no chances with your health.

Think about your family medical history on both sides and find out if anyone has had these types of cancers.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.