Bleeding from lithotripsy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had lithotripsy 2 days ago for a 7.3 mm stone in my right kidney. They obviously got at least a bit of the stone because I have been catching small fragments in my urine and saving them. I have had a lot of blood in my urine which is normal but I have also had a lot of bleeding as well. Like, proper blood, not just blood in my pee. Is this normal after litho? I feel fine, no temp or that much pain- taking Ibprofen- and some fragments are coming through... I'm due on too but it doesn't seem like my period. I'm not too worried as only been 2 days but just wondering if anybody else has had bleeding too?

Any replies will be helpful, thanks!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kate

Yes you can have bleeding from lithotripsy and may even pass blood clots.  

I have experienced this so here is what you need to do.

Keep monitoring your temperature to check for fever.

If you start to have bad pain, or if you become nauseous, >>>**warning** If you start vomiting ...

Get to the AE.  

Be sure to drink plenty of water to flush out your kidneys and stay hydrated.

Anything that You think is not normal, Call and ask urologist about it.

For now, it sounds normal, but as I said, Monitor temperature and daily symptoms.

Best wishes to You  Take Care  

• Posted

Thank you for your reply!

Yes, everything seems normal so far and it is still very early after litho so not really worrying at this point. Will check temp every so often. If anything, instead of vomiting, I seem to be more hungry than usual, I can't stop eating!

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.