Bleeding from rectum before passing stool

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi All

Just looking for some info, thoughts and/or advice on an issue that keeps bugging me, hoping someone might be able to help.

Here's a brief history of my health, I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, CFS/ME, IBS and Anxiety. My IBS is varied but I would say I generally fall into the IBS-C catergory.I also find that have developed a lot of food intolerances over the last few years, meaning I have a limited diet.

My query is that I seem to be getting frequent bleeding from my rectum whenever I pass stools, or try to pass them depending on whether I have constipation. Usually it follows a stool, but now and again, like this morning, it can be before I pass a stool, when I start getting the urge to go. The blood is always bright red, and even though it looks a lot it probably isn't as I do know a little blood can go a long way. It's the passing of blood before a bowel movement that I'm particularly interested in getting some thoughts and views about, and hoping some of you can give me their thoughts on this?

I have had a couple of internal examinations done by my doctor as well as a colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy in the last two years, and have a follow up colonoscopy in three years time. During these examinations biopsies were taken, obviously nothing found as I've heard nothing back, and rectal polyps, which were removed, tested and found to be benign. I also have hemorrhoids, which I'm presuming are internal as the consultant performing the colonoscopy said 'there's some hemorrhoids' while his scope was still in me. My doctor also thinks I could have an anal fissure which is struggling to heal due to its position. Other than this, no other problems were found.

I didn't know if it was worth mentioning but I am having one of my constipation phases at the moment.

I'd be very grateful if someone could give me their thoughts and views on this, especially if you have experienced this yourself.

Many thanks in advance.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

It could be due to internal hemorrhoids. 

Diane

• Posted

Thank you for the reply, and it was pretty much what I suspected, and probably reinforced by the fact that I haven't had any sign of bleeding for the past 5 days. It just gets a bit worrying at times that I seem to bleed quite easily down there, but I've been thoroughly checked out, so quite sure its nothing worse than hemorrhoids.

Thank you again for getting in touch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.